Shoutbox by Siropu

Shoutbox by Siropu [Paid] 1.10.2

No permission to buy (€14.99)
It is working fine for me. Make sure that there are no outdated templates.
It was a fresh install. No template merges required.
I don't understand what the bug is.
You have a dedicated thread, supposedly to log messages "pruned", in order to settle disputes later on (as to why a timestamp would be great to have so you can solve disputes that happened on X at Y time).
Pruned messages are deleted so no records are left.
If that were true, this pruned or deleted message would not have made its way into the thread:
1578128275370.png
So it's either you're pruning or deleting from public view and keeping a record in the defined thread, or, there's a bug that's logging messages which gave me the impression that the username which wrote the message should also be logged.

If the latter is not the case, and logging that message in the thread is the bug, then it should be a feature of pruning instead. You can't prune every 24 hours and have Member A says Member B said "XYZ" in a chat without a private, which I thought that thread ID was, record in order to solve the dispute.

You have a dedicated thread, supposedly to log messages "pruned", in order to settle disputes later on (as to why a timestamp would be great to have so you can solve disputes that happened on X at Y time).
Actually, this is what the description says about "Thread ID":
If a valid thread ID is specified, shouts will be posted in that thread as well.
Basically, every shout message is posted there.

Basically, every shout message is posted there.
But it's not.

Can you give me a way to replicate this process?

/prune doesn't, nor do the crons (they do nothing).

Then, there's still the issue of BB code having to be enabled in order for smiles to work. I want to disable that, but smilies go away.

But it's not.
There is an option below "Thread ID" called "Thread message minimum length" and it is set to 25 by default so if you are posting a short message, it won't go to the thread.

Then, there's still the issue of BB code having to be enabled in order for smiles to work.
I cannot reproduce this. If "Enable smilie button" option is enabled, it should work, unless you see some errors.

There is an option below "Thread ID" called "Thread message minimum length" and it is set to 25 by default so if you are posting a short message, it won't go to the thread.
Got this to work, but, it's highly inefficient to post 1 new post each message to only include the message itself and not the sender. How can it ever be moderated without know who sent it?

To expand on 1 new post each message, it's just a waste. It should post the last 25 messages in 1 post, with the sender, or whatever is set in "Shout display limit". Once the limit is reached, a post is created with the previous 25 posts, to include the sender, and then so on and so on. Otherwise, there are just posts by who eating up posts for no reason... compile them somehow, please?

Or, perhaps, post 1 post with all messages when the time "Auto prune shoutbox every" (1 hour is the default) is reached. Post all messages sent in 1 post, with the username.

But, to have no username with [USER=ID]@user[/USER]: Message is kinda unacceptable. How am I supposed to moderate this? Who said what? Who do I ban from the shoutbox without knowing who said what to whom?

1578164481619.webp

I cannot reproduce this. If "Enable smilie button" option is enabled, it should work, unless you see some errors.
Yes, "Enable smilie button works" to display smiles, only if "Allow BB codes" is also checked, which doesn't matter because if "Allow BB codes" is checked, you don't even need to have "Enable smilie button works" for smiles to work unless you want a button to access the smiles. In other words, I want to turn off BB code, but enable smiles. That's how it reads to me.

to only include the message itself and not the sender.
The post author is the sender.

Yes, "Enable smilie button works" to display smiles, only if "Allow BB codes" is also checked,
"Enable smilie button" is required only if you want to use smilies without rendering BB Code, so "Allow BB codes" is not required. Strange how it works for me but not for you. Can I take a look?

"Enable smilie button" is required only if you want to use smilies without rendering BB Code, so "Allow BB codes" is not required. Strange how it works for me but nor for you. Can I take a look?
Sure, I'll PM.

The post author is the sender.
Didn't notice that. I see it now.

I still say that 1 post should group X messages together (maybe all "pruned") instead of 1 post per user. A shoutbox would just make entirely too many posts in a single thread to be almost unreadable after a year.

Maybe suggest that all pruned posts are added to 1 post with [USER=id]User[/USER]: Their message per how many messages to record per post?

What does the 'enable sidebar view' setting do? I have it in the sidebar and it seems to look exactly the same whether that option is selected or not.

Also, when you '@' a member in the Shoutbox, is it supposed to notify that member? I can't seem to get that aspect to work. Help appreciated :)

Just a recommendation... not having a notification generated when a member is tagged makes the Shoutbox feature a lot less useful for my forum. We have Siropu Chat and only use the shoutbox for quick 'driveby' posts in our sidebar. The problem is, without a notification alert members don't realize someone is calling their attention to a post - and never see it.

Seems like a no-brainer tweak to me, especially when Siropu chat does provide a notification?

Good evening @Siropu
I wanted to know if it was possible to put a banner in place of the shoutbox when the member is banned? The banner would just say that you have been banned from the shoutbox

cordially

Top Bottom