Shopping lists..

Mikey

Do you guys make shopping lists? for instance, tonight I get paid and I started making a list of things I need. Scared me how much time it took to remember the stuff I do need.. and how long the list is..

Shopping lists - do you make them?

I usually make a shopping list for -most- of what I'll need for two weeks (Things that'll keep).

I also have two white boards on my fridge where I keep dates (One side) and another where I list what I'll need for the remaining shopping (Other side).

Here is my list in short....

This week: License of XenForo
Next week: License of XenForo
Next Month: License of XenForo
November: License of XenForo
December: License of XenForo = Finally got one! YAHOO!

Under no circumstance am i stating that it will be out by December. lol

And that concludes my list of high priority items. :D

I usually make a shopping list for -most- of what I'll need for two weeks (Things that'll keep).

I also have two white boards on my fridge where I keep dates (One side) and another where I list what I'll need for the remaining shopping (Other side).

White boards seem like a good idea. I should invest!

White boards seem like a good idea. I should invest!
They're the quarter size ones, I think they were like $1-2 each when I bought them lol.

I used to go with the whiteboard method, but I put them too low down... and my 3yr old started wiping them clean all the time (she is a good climber) so I gave up with them... these days I don't bother I just walk around the supermarket and pick up what ever I can remember and about 200 things I don't need get home and realise I forgot something super important then go back out and get it... I say hell to efficiency :D

I used to go with the whiteboard method, but I put them too low down... and my 3yr old started wiping them clean all the time (she is a good climber) so I gave up with them... these days I don't bother I just walk around the supermarket and pick up what ever I can remember and about 200 things I don't need get home and realise I forgot something super important then go back out and get it... I say hell to efficiency :D
Another method is to put it on Google docs, and to sync it to your phone. I do that as well.

Nope, don't think I've ever done one actually.

Probably should though.
It's a classic failure when you go down to the store because you need that one particular thing and gets home with lots of stuff but not the item you went out to get. Happens to me all the time, so annoying...

/SK

Not me... but my wife absolutely runs an ongoing shopping lists which she compiles just before going shopping. She got one of those erasable little boards for us to write on, except I never write on it... I much more enjoy letting her guess what we need. :)

I make lists for everything. Sometimes I feel like I, alone, keep Post-It Notes in business.

I'm the same way, though its mostly .txt's.

Not me... but my wife absolutely runs an ongoing shopping lists which she compiles just before going shopping. She got one of those erasable little boards for us to write on, except I never write on it... I much more enjoy letting her guess what we need. :)
Jerk move yo.

I had to do all the shopping for my girlfriends party 3-4 days ago, and it was a pain because I had no clue on what people would eat (I don't know all her friends, just her closer ones).

I -hate- shopping without knowing what to get. 

Kind off even funnier as we both do the shopping each week on a Saturday morning... then she asks me what I need and puts it back in my lap. DOH! Its one of our weekly things...

We do online shopping so all previous purchases are saved in our account for easy reselection.

Other than that I make lists for absolutely everything.

We do online shopping so all previous purchases are saved in our account for easy reselection.

Other than that I make lists for absolutely everything.
I shop at to many places to do that...

I also prefer to pick out my own stuff because sometimes they don't choose ones that are within a decent expiration time. As I said, I'm really picky lol. 

I also prefer to pick out my own stuff because sometimes they don't choose ones that are within a decent expiration time.
I think that was a problem when it first started but now there's no issue as far as that's concerned.

I absolutely loathe grocery shopping so online is the best thing that ever happened as far as I'm concerned :D

In fact, come to think of it, I loathe all shopping so do almost all of it online from books to nappies to groceries to plasma TVs :D

I make lists on paper at the moment... a whiteboard or a /list/ on my homepage is a nice idea... much more eco-friendly ;)

Top Bottom