XF 2.2 Glitch with filterable drop-down lists

EchoRomeo

I've been using the Thread Filter add-on by @AddonsLab (see: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/thread-filter-by-addonslab.6034/) and it has a neat feature that allows the drop down lists to become filterable, so instead of scrolling through the drop-down, you can type and search for the selection you want (for reference, I currently have this setting activated for the drop-downs on my site at www.permittingtalk.com).

The problem I'm having is that when you make a text selection in a drop-down, and the text length exceeds the box width, the text flows out of the right side of the box (for example, see below).

1694535113538.webp

I'm not sure if this is an issue with the add-on, the style I'm using, or something else...

Does anyone happen to know a quick fix that would let me modify the drop-down so that the text stays within the drop-down box (i.e., truncates rather than overflows)?

Thanks!

Answer provided by @Russ on his Pixel Exit forum - thanks Russ!

It appears this glitch isn't style-specific and would also appear in the default style. Here's Russ' code in case any other Thread Filter users are having this issue:

Place this in extra.less:
Code:
.inputGroup.hasFilterableSelect span.select2.select2-container .select2-selection {
    text-overflow: ellipsis;
    white-space: nowrap;
    overflow: hidden;
}

Last edited:
Top Bottom