Shades of Blue

Shades of Blue 2.2.11

No permission to download
I love the style. The only one complaint. When I edit a post, linked text has the same color as regular text. Hard to find linked words in a big post.

@Anatoliy I discovered that I have already made external links the color blue, so could you give me an example of what you are referring to. Internal links are white.

@Anatoliy Changing these two settings as shown in the attached image should solve your problem. This will make the editor text blue and the links will remain white.

On a side note, I discovered that when I made the link color the same as the link hover color, it improved the overall appearance of the style, and fixed the editor link issue as well. I will be changing those soon in the next release, along with some other modifications.
link_color_fix.jpg

Gator updated Shades of Blue with a new update entry:

2.2.1 *New & Improved*

Changelog

This is a major update to the style, so I hope you like the improvements (I know, this is subjective). I've been wanting to update this style for a while, so here it is :)

Anyway, I spent many hours working on the updated look, but let me know if you have any issues with it so I can fix it.

You can see it in action on my personal website...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Gator I love those "Joined" and "Messages" under avatars in threadviews. How it can be done? Some change in configs or by editing some template? I'd love to have them in the default XF theme.

Nice Style, nice update, as always.
But ... the highlighted text in editor is almost invisible. Not the text, but there is almost no difference between highlighted and not highlited text.

@jackb71 I will fix it in the next release. Until then, do this...

First of all thanks for this clean and beautiful style, Gator. Well done! (y):)

I installed both styles. There is a problem with the Shades of Blue. And two general questions.

1. I use a "sticky threads" addon (SyTryC-SeparateStickyThreads-2.0.0). Everything is displayed correctly in Shades Of Grey. In the Shades of Blue I have a dotted line above "Normal Threads". Do you have an idea how I can get this away?

punktens.webp

2. How can I change these "status icons"?

statusicon.webp

3. And last but not least: how can I install these "up / down" arrows like you use them in your forum?

updown.webp

Many thanks in advance!

Have a nice weekend,
Silmarillion

First of all thanks for this clean and beautiful style, Gator. Well done! (y):)

I installed both styles. There is a problem with the Shades of Blue. And two general questions.

1. I use a "sticky threads" addon (SyTryC-SeparateStickyThreads-2.0.0). Everything is displayed correctly in Shades Of Grey. In the Shades of Blue I have a dotted line above "Normal Threads". Do you have an idea how I can get this away?

View attachment 246257

2. How can I change these "status icons"?

View attachment 246258

3. And last but not least: how can I install these "up / down" arrows like you use them in your forum?

View attachment 246260

Many thanks in advance!

Have a nice weekend,
Silmarillion

Answer to question #1
To remove the sticky dashed line go to: Appearance > Styles > Templates and search for the "extra.less" file
Once you find it, simply remove the following code:

Code:
/* Border between sticky/normal threads */
.structItemContainer-group--sticky {
    border-bottom: 1px dashed;
    color: white);
}

NOTE: On a side note, I will be removing the sticky dashed line in the next release.

Answer to question #2
How do you mean change? The color?

Answer to question #3
To modify the arrows go to Appearance > Styles > Style Properties > Page Setup and make your desired change as shown below:

2021-02-12_14-32-51.webp

Lastly, you should take the time and review all the "Style Properties" available so have a better understanding of what's available.

Thanks a lot for the quick and direct help, Gator. I really appreciate that.
I've only been using Xenforo for a few days. So forgive me for my lack of knowledge. I try to get used to the new software and to learn. But every beginning is difficult.

Answer to question #2
How do you mean change? The color?

I don't even know the exact name of the icons at the moment. At vB3 they were called status icons.
I would be happy if you let me know where I can exchange these for other icons. Or how I can change the colors.

Cheers!

I don't even know the exact name of the icons at the moment. At vB3 they were called status icons.
I would be happy if you let me know where I can exchange these for other icons. Or how I can change the colors.

To change the color, go to

Appearance > Styles > Shades of Blue > Style properties > Node/forum list

2021-02-12_21-07-02.webp

You might also try this for more advanced icons:

This is a very pretty style. I've wrapped it and modified it a bit but overall very nice style. Thank you Gator!

Attachments

• Screenshot (75).webp
    Screenshot (75).webp
    41.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot (69).webp
    Screenshot (69).webp
    33.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot (65).webp
    Screenshot (65).webp
    45.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot (76).webp
    Screenshot (76).webp
    42 KB · Views: 16
Very nice style. Many of my users like it a lot.
I noticed that if you add a new post to a thread, the "new" indicator in the thread seems odd, and I don't know where to find the settings.
a.webp

Top Bottom