XF 1.2 Server Error (unserialize) during Upgrade progress from v1.1.4

/GriFFin

I was running 1.1.4 fine with no problems.

I disabled all add-ons, and then uploaded the files for 1.2.2 upgrade.

Started the process, and it gets to the point of 'rebuilding templates....' and then crashs with this message:

Server Error
unserialize() [<a href='function.unserialize'>function.unserialize</a>]: Error at offset 176 of 11896 bytes

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. unserialize() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1344
  3. XenForo_Model_Template->compileTemplateInStyleTree() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1310
  4. XenForo_Model_Template->compileNamedTemplateInStyleTree() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1249
  5. XenForo_Model_Template->compileAllTemplates() in XenForo/Deferred/Template.php at line 36
  6. XenForo_Deferred_Template->execute() in XenForo/Deferred/Atomic.php at line 61
  7. XenForo_Deferred_Atomic->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 208
  8. XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 331
  9. XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 265
  10. XenForo_Model_Deferred->runByUniqueKey() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Abstract.php at line 34
  11. XenForo_Install_Controller_Abstract->_manualDeferredRunner() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 216
  12. XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade->actionRunDeferred() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  13. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  14. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/wiiwii/public_html/install/index.php at line 18

I read thru all the other threads, and my server is running the latest mysql and php, and i tried increasing the memory size and packet size as suggested, but that is no help, still gives me an error.

Others suggest I run 'rebuild master data', but that option is gone now that I started the upgrade process, my board is also locked off because of that, so I have no options in admincp except to finish the upgrade.

Is there a way, I can return to 1.1.4 and get 'rebuild master data' back and try the upgrade again, incase it is failing because of my customized templates?

Thanks.

Have you moved servers at some point? That's data that is only written internally to XF so there shouldn't really be any way of corrupting it. A bad backup/restore could potentially cause issues like this. If you submit a ticket with FTP details, I should be able to look into this and identify the problem template. It will likely require removing one or more customized templates though.

The only way to return to 1.1.4 would be to restore a database backup.

Nope have not moved servers for almost a year, everything was running fine until the upgrade, except for getting massive waves of spam, over 75,000 messages in one day, so I thought upgrading to 1.2.2 would be best and try out the new spam management features.

I will open up a ticket shortly about it.

Thanks.

Top Bottom