1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sending Account Activation Email To Unconfirmed Users

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by TheBigK, Mar 22, 2012.

1. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

I just found out that we've over 3k users awaiting confirmation. I want to send them an email with their respective account activation emails so that they can simply click on the link and activate their accounts.

The current system requires that the users must first login and then request for the account activation email. I'd however want to send a mass email to them with each getting their own link. Is there something similar to including {name}; say {activatelink} ?

PS: I searched the forums but don't seem to find the right answer. o_O
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is no such option.
  3. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

Jake, but since the notices can display individual account activation links; there has to be a way to include them in emails. Can anyone help?
  4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

No they can't. I checked the code for notices. Unless I am missing something.
  5. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

BigK there is an addon by Syndol that alerts you by email to a new user needing confirmation.
    It's a really bad omission this isn't core. Should also appear as a big red alert at the top for admins and/or mods.