Partial fix Send Message to users (BUG)

Okenyon

When I go to send message to users via the new admin setting I click "Send Message" and I just get taken to a blank white screen and nothing happens/is sent...Any ideas please?

Is this before or after the confirmation that you want to send the message? (On the page that gives you the option to preview it)

Looks like this is the culprit, what can be done please?

"Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 33183057 bytes) - library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php:442"

Can you show the full error, assuming it's logged in XF (which will have some extra details)?

If not, if that's the error being generated from this, I'd have to guess you have some add-ons involved as I don't think this code would be touching the an HTTP client normally.

Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 33183057 bytes) - library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php:442
Generated By: K, Today at 1:27 PM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

There's an optimization that can be done here, but can you confirm whether you have an add-on that does link title conversion or are you just using the default option for it?

There's an optimization that can be done here, but can you confirm whether you have an add-on that does link title conversion or are you just using the default option for it?
Link title conversations?

All i'm doing is using the default "message users" section from admin?

When you post a URL on your site, I'm 99.9% sure you have it set to be converted to the page title. I'm trying to confirm whether you've installed an add-on to do this or if you've enabled the "Convert URLs to Page Titles" option (in 1.5). If it's the former, you may need to contact the author; if it's the latter, then it's likely to require a tweak to how to we handle this in a future release.

I would completely disable the add-on to see if that helps. It's relevant that the message you're sending has a link to a file with a size that roughly corresponds to the amount of memory being allocated in that error. The default option will probably still be affected to some degree, but it shouldn't be affected as much. For now, I'd recommend disabling the add-on but not enabling the default version until after the messages are sent to avoid causing problems.

I would note that it's very likely that some of your messages have been sent so there's potential for duplicates (some may have already been duplicated if the page has been refreshed). It's tricky to know who they have been sent to exactly because you're deleting the conversation from your inbox. Determining this may require access to the DB, though as it stands, there isn't an obvious way to skip those users on the next run.

If you want me to try to determine this, please submit a ticket via your customer area. I would need phpMyAdmin/query access.

I believe they are rather similar conceptually, though I don't know the specific functionality of the add-on.

While I can't fix the add-on that triggered this, I have adjusted the code that caused this indirectly. Autolinking is now down immediately after the conversation is entered, so the preview will reflect this as well.

Top Bottom