Second childhoods = EXPENSIVE!

TPerry

Well, my wife is going through her second childhood now. I took a nap this evening and when I woke up she asked me if I wanted to go out and grab a steak somewhere (I should have KNOWN something was up as we don't have steak anymore because she can't eat it due to MS complications).

I tell her to go back the car out and I'll be out in a minute. I go grab my phone and wallet and when I come out - what do I see her sitting in? A dang Volvo C70 convertible with brand new buyers tags on it and it's fully loaded. Color me purple!

I knew she was getting an itch for a car as she had been drooling over the Mazda MX-5 Miata - but I guess she wanted a "little" more car - and she said it will be easier for her to get in and out of as her MS progresses. THEN she tried to play the "but it gets good mileage" routine. My reply was her Fusion was getting 28-29mpg on the open road as it was and only had 32,000 some odd miles on it. ;)

Have to admit, it's a nice car (and now I inherit the 2011 Ford Fusion and get to just park the '96 F250 diesel and use it for chores - if I don't ride the Goldwing instead).

EDIT: edited just for @Adam Howard :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I guess your Goldwing is your second childhood? :D

Some years ago I had a Honda F6C (same engine).
Actually it was "our" second childhood. She used to race on the track when she was a kid and when we got married she had a Suzuki street bike and a Yamaha 250CC dirt bike. :p
She said that didn't count towards hers since I am the one that turns the key and runs the controls. All she does is take naps on the passenger pillion. :ROFLMAO:

Oh. She really did go all out, didn't she? :p
Yeah, she did. She wouldn't tell me how much - but I told her I didn't need to know, I already knew it was knocking north of $40 grand (which, considering we are both going to be retired in about 12 months is a small chunk of change when we were planning on being "payment free" by that time).

Top Bottom