1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Searching for (specific) User Custom Title?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by adwade, Aug 31, 2016.

1. adwade

adwade Active Member

Somewhat related to this question, I have discovered that when I imported my vB database I had some users who were currently custom labeled as Email Defunct. The one just I tripped across, I checked and his user status was valid so I just blanked out the Custom Title field on his account and all's well now.

However, I now wonder how many of these type of users I may have in my system? :oops: In looking around, I can't seem to find a way to search and identify these users. Is there a way to do so in XF? If not, is there a specific SQL query I could run to retrieve a user listing of them?
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can run this query to list all users with custom titles:
    SELECT user_id, username, custom_title FROM xf_user WHERE custom_title <> ''

If you want to list the results by title:
    SELECT user_id, username, custom_title FROM xf_user WHERE custom_title <> '' ORDER BY custom_title
    adwade likes this.
  3. OUTL4W

OUTL4W Active Member

If they are in a specific user group then couldn't you search for all users that are in that specific user group in acp>users>search for users then scroll down and select either the primary user group or secondary user group to search for?
  4. adwade

adwade Active Member

That is my problem, in vB they had their own user group with a Custom Title. When I migrated to XF, I basically put all users into Registered then tried to sort out what few very additional user groups I used to have in vB. So, right now, these users are in Registered with (an old/leftover) Custom Title, but not in a Secondary User Group (yet)...at least I can identify them now with Brogan's help above. (y)