XF 1.2 Screen flicker on scroll

tommydamic68

Could this be a javascript conflict of sorts? It happens when I scroll down, it's like a flash. What is strange is I can't recreate it on my macbook, it does happen on my iMac desktop in Safari but not on Chrome, and I wouldn't even bring it up here but its only on my site, not Facebook, Google, MSN etc. Any ideas?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's going to be quite difficult to debug.

The only thing I can suggest is to disable each one of the elements on that page that aren't standard, e.g. the user albums block, the advertising, any add-ons etc.

Disable them one at a time, check to see if the flicker goes. If it does, then you have identified the issue.

The only thing I can suggest is to disable each one of the elements on that page that aren't standard, e.g. the user albums block, the advertising, any add-ons etc.

Disable them one at a time, check to see if the flicker goes. If it does, then you have identified the issue.

I stared to disable a few, what's strange is it's only on Safari on my desktop. Not Safari on my laptop or even Chrome on the same computer.

It's not that strange. Every browser is different even the same browser on different platforms. The platform is sort of irrelevant. Something is likely to be causing it so isolate the cause and go from there.

Will disabling the add on be sufficient for testing?

Try disabling the "Back to top" feature. It is the only one triggering on scrolling as far as I can see. Things like this is usually triggered when the browser are struggling keeping up with the website, usually the js or flash or similar.

As I said, it is probably the browser struggling to keep up, this is usually caused by lots of js and flash on the page or a weaker computer. I see similar behaviour on slow computers when browsing ad heavy sites, combined with lots of js. It doesn't necessarily mean the back to top modification is poor, it just means you need to look at what causes your browser to lag. It can be the combination of many things, it is just the action on every scroll that is triggering it.

For example, if you have ads, try using an ad blocker and see if it improves the performance. Also, try scrolling normally, slowly back and up and see if you can reproduce it that way. To me it only looks like it triggers when you are scrolling fast up and down.

Top Bottom