• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[SchmitzIT] Xenforo Mediawiki bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, got it sorted I think.

This plugin does not work on a vanilla install of MediaWiki 1.17.0 using the default Vector skin without the fixes posted here and here. The OP's LocalSettings.php is drastically different than the one generated during install so I don't know what he might have in there that circumvents the above issues.

I've tried this on Site5, HostGator and a local install of WAMPP so I don't think it has anything to do with server settings.

Bug with the who's online bit on xF 1.1b2... In certain cases it will show the following instead of the expected who's online content:
Code:
Undefined index: u

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in MediaWiki/ControllerPublic.php at line 38
MediaWiki_ControllerPublic::getSessionActivityDetailsForList() in XenForo/Model/Session.php at line 305
XenForo_Model_Session->addSessionActivityDetailsToList() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Online.php at line 50
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Online->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/vintagen/public_html/minegasm.net/index.php at line 13

I *think* one of my users was previewing page changes when this occured. Goes back to normal after whatever user initiates this error visits another page.

I will upgrade another site of mine to 1.1 B2, and see if I can reproduce the errors. Our LocalSettings has not been drastically changed to cater for this mod, but most of the stuff in there is to lift our Wiki to the next level (Semantic Wiki, and a whole bunch of other extensions).

Bug with the who's online bit on xF 1.1b2... In certain cases it will show the following instead of the expected who's online content:
Code:
Undefined index: u

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in MediaWiki/ControllerPublic.php at line 38
MediaWiki_ControllerPublic::getSessionActivityDetailsForList() in XenForo/Model/Session.php at line 305
XenForo_Model_Session->addSessionActivityDetailsToList() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Online.php at line 50
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Online->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/vintagen/public_html/minegasm.net/index.php at line 13

I *think* one of my users was previewing page changes when this occured. Goes back to normal after whatever user initiates this error visits another page.

This is kind of an expected problem because the plugin tries to store information of the viewing wiki page in the session table but that table has limitation (it's stored in MEMORY) so the data sometime will be truncated and that will trigger that error :(

I did notice something else too... perhaps I am doing something wrong, but users are only able to be logged in on the wiki if they use the "Remember me" checkbox when signing in on the forums. If they don't, they get logged out of the forums when they visit the wiki. I haven't really looked into why it does that yet.

I did notice something else too... perhaps I am doing something wrong, but users are only able to be logged in on the wiki if they use the "Remember me" checkbox when signing in on the forums. If they don't, they get logged out of the forums when they visit the wiki. I haven't really looked into why it does that yet.

Interesting. I have asked the developer to build some new functionality. Will alert him to the thread to see what can be done to solve bugs as well.

Version 2.0 has been released.

Version 2.0 is compatiable with the recently released MediaWiki 1.18 (which uses a different form of authentication), and will integrate wiki edits and changes into the "Recent Activity" stream of your XenForo.

Just tried to set up the bridge with a clean xenForo installation and wind up causing the wiki not to load at all. Tried checking the Apache error.log. Granted, I am running mod_fcgid, so I don't know how much (if any) different this will make.

Which version of MediaWiki are you running? Try and add the following two lines at the top of your LocalSettings.php (right below the opening <?php ):

Code:
error_reporting( E_ALL );
ini_set( 'display_errors', 1 );[

This should show the wiki error messages.

I never heard of mod_fcgit, so no idea if that has anything to do with it.

Did some tweaking and finally got an intelligible error output:

Code:
[Sat Dec 17 17:57:16 2011] [warn] [client 66.249.71.136] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Notice:  session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php5) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/sonicret/domains/segaretro.org/public_html/extensions/XenForo/authplugin.php on line 179
[Sat Dec 17 17:57:16 2011] [warn] [client 66.249.71.136] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sonicret/domains/segaretro.org/public_html/extensions/XenForo/authplugin.php:179) in /home/sonicret/domains/segaretro.org/public_html/includes/WebResponse.php on line 54

Did some tweaking and finally got an intelligible error output:

Code:
[Sat Dec 17 17:57:16 2011] [warn] [client 66.249.71.136] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Notice:  session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php5) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/sonicret/domains/segaretro.org/public_html/extensions/XenForo/authplugin.php on line 179
[Sat Dec 17 17:57:16 2011] [warn] [client 66.249.71.136] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sonicret/domains/segaretro.org/public_html/extensions/XenForo/authplugin.php:179) in /home/sonicret/domains/segaretro.org/public_html/includes/WebResponse.php on line 54
This looks like a problem with Debian/Ubuntu systems. Do you know your server's OS? And how often does this happen? According to several sources, this shouldn't happen much...

Edit: NVM. It seems to work now! ><; I need to login to my forums first before it logs me in.

Edit: I messes up with the CSS... I dunno if I should even bother with it if it won't work with the CSS. :/

Has anyone looked into using kotomi (or a similar method) to create a skin for mediawiki? I don't know much about how the skins work, and I tried implementing it by modifying the Vector skin and adding the code from kotomi and failed miserably. I'm wondering if someone much more skilled than I could look into this possibility.

Hello, regarding the issue with the encoding, I was also receiving the same error with mediawiki 1.18.1. I tried the solutions with the obstart but it didn't work. For me the solution was to add at my localSettings.php: $wgDisableOutputCompression = true;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom