• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[SchmitzIT] Smilies Bulk Importer

There an executable on http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/6.3.html#downloads here and another one non-executable. Were you referring to that? I don't know how to use it :(

Nope. I meant the installer for the Smiley Bulk Importer: http://xenforo.com/community/attachments/xf-smilies-bulk-importer-installation-package-zip.10026/

Basically, the intention of that is it will take care of all the dependencies (in this case the MySQL files).

I tried rereading the error message, and if the operation was aborted, it could hint the mysql connetor installation was not finished succesfully. Try and see if you can install the connector you added, try downloading it again, and reinstall?

Worst case scenario, if you're using the BBSmileys pack, I'll grab it on my machine, and instead of the app doing the INSERT, I can supply the output to you, and you can run it directly from myphpadmin or any other mysql query-application you have available.

Nope. I meant the installer for the Smiley Bulk Importer: http://xenforo.com/community/attachments/xf-smilies-bulk-importer-installation-package-zip.10026/

Basically, the intention of that is it will take care of all the dependencies (in this case the MySQL files).

I tried rereading the error message, and if the operation was aborted, it could hint the mysql connetor installation was not finished succesfully. Try and see if you can install the connector you added, try downloading it again, and reinstall?

Worst case scenario, if you're using the BBSmileys pack, I'll grab it on my machine, and instead of the app doing the INSERT, I can supply the output to you, and you can run it directly from myphpadmin or any other mysql query-application you have available.

Oh yes I did that too. It says though I need to have the latest version installed (I was able to install an earlier one, MySQL Connector Net 6.1.5 it wants MySQL Connector Net 6.3.6)

I was intending to use Shelly's smile pack (attachment).

Attachments

Very odd. I'm not really sure what to tell you on how to fix the issue, sorry.

However, using the attachment, you can import the whole BB-SMiley-list into your database. Just ensure the smileys are all uploaded in the proper folder (do a search and replace if you picked a different folder), and run this from a mySQL query editor. It's essentially what the program does, except this time instead of directly executing it against the database, I had it spit out the code, and saved it in a textfile.

Attachments

Very odd. I'm not really sure what to tell you on how to fix the issue, sorry.

However, using the attachment, you can import the whole BB-SMiley-list into your database. Just ensure the smileys are all uploaded in the proper folder (do a search and replace if you picked a different folder), and run this from a mySQL query editor. It's essentially what the program does, except this time instead of directly executing it against the database, I had it spit out the code, and saved it in a textfile.

Thank you this will work for me as it would with the program EntropiaPlanets. Will the smiles appear also on other themes other than the default one ?

Thank you this will work for me as it would with the program EntropiaPlanets. Will the smiles appear also on other themes other than the default one ?

Sorry for the late reply. For some reason, I did no see your post before. It should work under all skins, to the best of my knowledge.

Anyone got the old php file script >.> not a fan of an exe running to an outside line

Anyone got the old php file script >.> not a fan of an exe running to an outside line

If you happen to have Visual Studio, the complete source code is listed as well. You can inspect the code and run that instead :) (I'm do share your feelings, and would probably also prefer sticking to just compiling the code, which is why I posted it).

Otherwise, a few posts up, I posted a SQL Script, which basically is the result of the .exe looping through the folder with all the smilies. The .exe mostly is used for processing the files in the folder, to generate that SQL. The remaining step is actually just firing it off against the DB, but that can of course also be done manually.

If you happen to have Visual Studio, the complete source code is listed as well. You can inspect the code and run that instead :) (I'm do share your feelings, and would probably also prefer sticking to just compiling the code, which is why I posted it).

Otherwise, a few posts up, I posted a SQL Script, which basically is the result of the .exe looping through the folder with all the smilies. The .exe mostly is used for processing the files in the folder, to generate that SQL. The remaining step is actually just firing it off against the DB, but that can of course also be done manually.
Maybe you could add all 3 up there :D

Same problem as laztrix 100% even the same error installing the Connector

Meh. Sorry to hear it. I actually wanted to develop some other external apps, but if the connectors will not work for some people, then it's not really worth it. I really have no control over the connectors, as they're not developed by me. Just odd that they somehow don't just work like they are supposed to.

Meh. Sorry to hear it. I actually wanted to develop some other external apps, but if the connectors will not work for some people, then it's not really worth it. I really have no control over the connectors, as they're not developed by me. Just odd that they somehow don't just work like they are supposed to.
Aye I think it's a problem with windows 7 after I did some reading up on it. Dam shame too I have about 100 smilies to add now lol

Cheers

Aye I think it's a problem with windows 7 after I did some reading up on it. Dam shame too I have about 100 smilies to add now lol

Cheers

I use Windows 7 myself. I can see if I can add an option to the tools that ionstead of doing the update (which requires the connector) instead just copy the proper commands to the clipboard, so you can just paste it into whichever tool you use to run queries.

Feel free to send me a zipfile with the smilies you want to go in by PC, and I'll locally run it for you. The worst case scenario would be you have to do a search and replace on the script afterwards :)

I use Windows 7 myself. I can see if I can add an option to the tools that ionstead of doing the update (which requires the connector) instead just copy the proper commands to the clipboard, so you can just paste it into whichever tool you use to run queries.
64bit windows?

This didn't help at all. I installed the .NET framework - restarted the computer - attempted to install your installer package and it continues to say the mysql.data framework was needed.

Shame was hoping to have more smilies added.

This didn't help at all. I installed the .NET framework - restarted the computer - attempted to install your installer package and it continues to say the mysql.data framework was needed.

In that case, try the manual installer for the mysql.data classes. Link is in the OP.

Top Bottom