Safari push notifications coming to macOS and iOS

Just try making sure push notifications are enabled under preferences first.
I cannot is is greyed out now. Push was working until today. Now no push alerts.

It is greyed out on safari before adding to home screen

If I then add to Home Screen app says Chacking device capabilities... then when I click on that Push notifications not supported.

...Hang on though, just remembered I dated to 16.4.1 (a) Could that be the issue?

I get push notifications not supported on my iphone 14.
As you guys mentioned it could be the version that you guys have.

I get push notifications not supported on my iphone 14.
As you guys mentioned it could be the version that you guys have.
It's not the hardware, but it does require iOS 16.4 or higher. And only works for PWA apps (when you save the website to your home screen in Safari).

Can't see the code so I can't answer the question myself, but if the badge number total_unread (conversations + alerts), or just alerts?

I cannot is is greyed out now. Push was working until today. Now no push alerts.

It is greyed out on safari before adding to home screen

If I then add to Home Screen app says Chacking device capabilities... then when I click on that Push notifications not supported.

...Hang on though, just remembered I dated to 16.4.1 (a) Could that be the issue?

Reinstalled the app and still no push and no badge on the app icon.

However then I tried rebooting the phone and I can now enable pushes so just waiting to see if I get any (

Reinstalled the app and still no push and no badge on the app icon.

However then I tried rebooting the phone and I can now enable pushes so just waiting to see if I get any (
Thanks for the like Chris - I got the push and the badge!

So needed turning on and off again duh.

Could we have a way to share the current page we are on without having to click on the post ID? I couldn’t figure out how to quickly share a resource from this site for example from the pwa without the url at the top.

Could we have a way to share the current page we are on without having to click on the post ID?
Do you mean smth. like this?
Screenshot_20230504-223115_Chrome.jpg
This share control should be on every page that can be shared, but seems waay of out view.

Ideally I think the burger menu (in PWA) should be enhanced with icons for
  • Go Back
  • Go Forward
  • Reload
This would be somewhat similar to what Chrome / Firefox offer via their ⋮-Menu and provide easy global access to those functions without cluttering the screen

1683233967919.png

or

1683234464802.webp

Last edited:
Do you not use any native apps on your phone? I’m sure there must be one or two you use. They don’t have address bars either.

If there is no address bar you have to use the controls that exist for sharing particular content or URLs.

Do you not use any native apps on your phone? I’m sure there must be one or two you use. They don’t have address bars either.

If there is no address bar you have to use the controls that exist for sharing particular content or URLs.

Not for websites. I mean it’s just an adjustment, it’s not a huge deal. Most native apps I use have a way to bring up the native iOS share controls which the share button at the bottom of this page does. I just think it should be closer to the posts or in every post. I think I’ve just been using xenforo sites one way for a decade now.

Top Bottom