1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented RTL support

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by sami simo, Jul 29, 2010.

1. sami simo

sami simo Well-Known Member

Not bug but a request:

please add RTL support.

xenforo is very cool, and I want to use it.
  2. Floris

Floris Guest

unicode/utf-8/html5/css .. I think it's not a big deal to get it to support RTL.
  3. Dody

Dody Member

Things looks very promising here, but I am wondering if it is possible to add RTL support so we can see how things work on RTL mode.
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

We haven't actually done anything for RTL support yet. Most of it does involve changing left/right references in CSS, though there are a few other changes we'd have to consider.
    ibnesayeed and Khan like this.
  5. Dody

Dody Member

I understand. However if it is possible to add an RTL language when you feel it is ready, I will be glad to take a look around and report back :)
    sami simo likes this.
  6. sami simo

sami simo Well-Known Member

Once RTL is supportded; I would move over from VB. I have a lot of trust in XF.
  7. khaled3432002

khaled3432002 New Member

i am big fan of what you've done so far i also need this option
    i also would like to be able to change the phrases quickly to another language such as arabic
  8. Khan

Khan New Member

Even we are waiting for this to be officially supported before we move our Urdu forum to XF.
    simunaqv likes this.
  9. ibnesayeed

ibnesayeed Well-Known Member

We are almost ready to migrate from #VB to #XF but waiting official #RTL support (priority) as well as separate language name spaces for admin and public interfaces.

Unfortunately community created #RTL style is not well supported on the latest version of #XF.
    simunaqv likes this.
  10. ::abdo::

::abdo:: Member

important !!
  11. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

I'm going to hate this.

Half of all bugs in the Bug Reports forum will be "RTL - This thingee isn't showing right in RTL mode"
  12. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Been there, done that. I'd probably have a whole forum dedicated to RTL issues so they don't clog up primary functionality bug reports.
    Dean and Vincent like this.
  13. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

Good idea, let's not make a mess :D
  14. ibnesayeed

ibnesayeed Well-Known Member

RTL is such an important and key feature that we can't migrate our forum to XF without it.

Good part is:

- Fixing individual RTL bugs is lot more easier and quicker than other usual bugs in general.
    - If anyone from the development team knows any RTL language then number of issues will cut down dramatically in the first place.
    - Looking at the XF code, I can say, it is written the "right" way. Hence adding RTL support will not be a nightmare. I guess, they had RTL support in mind from the first day. :)

That will be a great idea. Also, if till then XF gets thread prefix, that might be another solution. :)
    ::abdo:: likes this.
  15. marioman

marioman Active Member

hope to solve this issue
    i can't migrate because of this problem :(
  16. xmlxp

xmlxp Active Member

I was able to make all modifications needed for my test forum to fully support RTL. but i have to apply those modifications after every upgrade, it doesnt take more than 10 minutes. I prefere to wait until the officiall RTL support released to migrate. quick question, are we going to see RTL support on version 1.1.0 ?
  17. jntqpczmnkyfb

jntqpczmnkyfb New Member

important, indeed
  18. zeqiod

zeqiod New Member