Implemented RTL support

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
We haven't actually done anything for RTL support yet. Most of it does involve changing left/right references in CSS, though there are a few other changes we'd have to consider.

I understand. However if it is possible to add an RTL language when you feel it is ready, I will be glad to take a look around and report back :)

i am big fan of what you've done so far i also need this option
i also would like to be able to change the phrases quickly to another language such as arabic

We are almost ready to migrate from #VB to #XF but waiting official #RTL support (priority) as well as separate language name spaces for admin and public interfaces.

Unfortunately community created #RTL style is not well supported on the latest version of #XF.

I'm going to hate this.

Half of all bugs in the Bug Reports forum will be "RTL - This thingee isn't showing right in RTL mode"

I'm going to hate this.

Half of all bugs in the Bug Reports forum will be "RTL - This thingee isn't showing right in RTL mode"

RTL is such an important and key feature that we can't migrate our forum to XF without it.

Good part is:

- Fixing individual RTL bugs is lot more easier and quicker than other usual bugs in general.
- If anyone from the development team knows any RTL language then number of issues will cut down dramatically in the first place.
- Looking at the XF code, I can say, it is written the "right" way. Hence adding RTL support will not be a nightmare. I guess, they had RTL support in mind from the first day. :-)

Been there, done that. I'd probably have a whole forum dedicated to RTL issues so they don't clog up primary functionality bug reports.

That will be a great idea. Also, if till then XF gets thread prefix, that might be another solution. :-)

I was able to make all modifications needed for my test forum to fully support RTL. but i have to apply those modifications after every upgrade, it doesnt take more than 10 minutes. I prefere to wait until the officiall RTL support released to migrate. quick question, are we going to see RTL support on version 1.1.0 ?

Top Bottom