RM 1.0 RM Article Manager

Morgain

This is a thread for those interested in the RM as an articles manager.

One issue is multiple pages, but I have contacted a good developer who will look at how to do this.

I have made a rough mockup of a page design - attached below. {UPDATED to show current condition 30/03/13]
Some can be done in Phrases, some needs css. I will probably need help!

updated mockup.webp

Import (from eg the unfinished waindigo library) can be done manually using Chris Deeming;s addons to reassign the original date, and thread.
The author is I think OK to assign in the RM native functions.

Attachments

• RM Article2.webp
    RM Article2.webp
    70.4 KB · Views: 180
? Puzzled.
I was responding to stewart1champ who you still have on ignore...

(More controls can be added to import existing articles - Chris Deeming)

Because you have useful addons which assist in transferring existing contemt to the RM.
I have no add-ons that import data into the RM. I guess you're referring to assigning resources to different threads but this is nothing to do with transferring content into the RM.

I have no add-ons that import data into the RM. I guess you're referring to assigning resources to different threads but this is nothing to do with transferring content into the RM.[/quote]

Yes that is ery helpful when transferring content for this addon. Also the author one (forget details but I know you have 2 useful ones).Sorry you seem a bit taken aback - my comment was a recommenadation that your work is so useful.

This is really great stuff - I am following along, if nothing else!

If not already on the list....
1. When publishing or editing, a checkbox which allows ind. article to either include or not include the sidebar, etc.
2. (probably more difficult!) - The lack of really easy image placement with full text flow around them as well as captioning is a major need for articles which pass muster. I know some bbcode add-ons can do some of this, but IMHO they are not easy to install and use for the average joe or jane.

This is really great stuff - I am following along, if nothing else!

If not already on the list....
1. When publishing or editing, a checkbox which allows ind. article to either include or not include the sidebar, etc.
2. (probably more difficult!) - The lack of really easy image placement with full text flow around them as well as captioning is a major need for articles which pass muster. I know some bbcode add-ons can do some of this, but IMHO they are not easy to install and use for the average joe or jane.

I will be paying for the set of features I want which are fairly basic.
Although I plan to add footnotes, and a glossary type of linking later on as separate addons.

The checkbox for sidebar sounds feasible though not my interest. You'd need to ask the developer (when he comes out of code isolation! to give you a script for that.

I plan to try out the bbcode options to see how they work. I am good at writing guides so if I decide to use one I'll most likely write an east step by step guide. I always make careful notes on what I use anyway.

I was responding to stewart1champ who you still have on ignore.

Please stop making public announceents about it. It is a private matter that for whatever reason another member was having a bad mood on me for a while, making unpleasant comments about almost every post I made. rather than make a fuss I chose to just hide their posts.
It's not really kind to either of us to keep ripping away the privacy and putting a spotlight on us.
As it happens there is some kind of glitch and I cannot undo it as the personal weather seems to have improved.

Please stop making public announceents about it. It is a private matter that for whatever reason another member was having a bad mood on me for a while, making unpleasant comments about almost every post I made. rather than make a fuss I chose to just hide their posts.
It's not really kind to either of us to keep ripping away the privacy and putting a spotlight on us.
As it happens there is some kind of glitch and I cannot undo it as the personal weather seems to have improved.
You quoted my post because you were confused, so I told you who I was responding to.

Whether I mentioned the specifics of stewart1champ or not, it's bloody obvious you have/had him on ignore because in every single thread you end up getting confused because of other posters in the thread trying to respond to him and their posts are entirely out of context to you because you can't see his.

There's no known glitches with the Ignore system so I suggest you report it as a bug or ask a moderator to look into it for you to avoid confusion like this instead of getting uppetty with people over nothing.

You quoted my post because you were confused, so I told you who I was responding to.

Yes of course but I twould have preferred a private heads up. Possibly so would the other member. Or else it was possible to say that you were referring to a post I'd put on ignore, without naming anyone.
I'm sorry this seems to bother you if he's a mate of yours. Sadly my ignore choice wa strying to deal with receiving harassment without makingh a fuss. Because of the way you have responded publicly it has become a public fuss anyway.

There's no known glitches with the Ignore system so I suggest you report it as a bug or ask a moderator to look into it for you to avoid confusion like this instead of getting uppetty with people over nothing.

I will when I have time. I have been a bit preoccupied with doing this addon.
Thank you for being helpful.

When was this content protection implemented and do you have to be a license holder to view or just a license holder and associated account member?

permissions2.webp

When was this content protection implemented and do you have to be a license holder to view or just a license holder and associated account member?

View attachment 43267
Download permissions are set on a per-group basis, so on here, it appears you have to be a licence holder to be able to download from the RM. Further to this, if the user doesn't have the permissions to download, you can limit the amount of information they can view on a fileless resource.

Sorry guys but download permissions on this site have nothing to do with RM Articles. Please tale this to the relevamt XF thread - RM support?

I don't like the idea of having tabs for multiple pages. Something like this needs proper pagination.

Luxus pagination does not work here. New pages are created separately to the main page, as additions. That makes pagination generate from page 2 onwards - and it names page 2 as page 1. Confusing. So we dropped pagination and we are working instead on the text menu you see at the bottom.

If you wanted you could comment out the tabs and rely on the text menu only. Discussion is linked off a large button on the sidebar. You could copy the link from it and add it to the pages menu line.

Brilliant news - we now have a double line on the tag line under the title

- and we're mopping up the very last details of styling the page menu of links at the bottom.

(Still have a bit of tidying on the key I'm making about phrases to make life easy for you)

I would like to have the page menu at the top somewhere as well as at the bottom. I'm not the only person who doesn't much like tabs.
But with the tabs there (if you dont comment them out) where could the page menu go and not look untidy?
Bearing in mind I can sometimes generate 10 - 20 pages!
HELP!
Or amybe not possible - maybe it has to be either page menu at top OR tabs.

Very happy to announce that all the coding is done as we now have a working page menu.

As I said I have a bit of tidying up on the Phrases to do - I have a useful list of all of them you can have as well as the xml file version. In my own document list I have them grouped on the pages they appear and some notes on what they do
So you can CTR+F any of them as you see them on the site, the name, heading whatever - see what the phrase is and then find it in the Phrases admin.

I'm sure it is Doc but I've decided to abolish the tabs on the Article page - only commented out not deleted.
Instaead of 3 kinds of navigation - tabs, sidebar sections with links, and pagination for multiple pages (which last did not work well:

I have a horizontal page menu which will go top and bottom of content WITH a discussion link on the end;
and the sidebar, also with the existing Discussion button.
Here's the page menu bottom of Article:
page menu.webp

So just TWO navig layouts, both giving simple text links, and one Discussion button.

Sorted. Reverted once I found Brogan's sweet EXTRA.css solution to sidebars on right.

I'll be including all these bits of customising info in the RM Articles I make available.
Unfortunately I am enduring a slight delay due to fukwits I'm dealing with in a business deal. But hoping to making this available by end of the weekend.

Top Bottom