Fixed  Right-clicking on Alerts tab

Nick

I'm not sure if this is a bug or just the result of limited functionality, but when I open up my alerts tab in the upper-right, I like to open all of my alerts at once. So I right-click each alert and choose to "open link in new tab". Problem is, when I right click, the alerts tab closes. So I have to keep opening it up for each and every alert I want to open.

I'm not sure if my description makes much sense, so if not let me know and I'll get a screen-recording of it.

Yeah, I ran into this as well, though it doesn't happen in Chrome. I should note that the little "*" gadget that's appeared will stay across pages (for 10 minutes), so it's no longer a big deal if you don't see all the alerts at once.

Looks like all the dropdown menus are set to close the instant the menu container loses focus. And right clicking any link inside the menu shifts the focus from the menu container to the link; closing the menu immediately. Ideally, it shouldn't. :)

I didn't notice this, since I've got like... what.... 1 alert? :p

EDIT: Oops... Mike already replied.

Yeah, I ran into this as well, though it doesn't happen in Chrome. I should note that the little "*" gadget that's appeared will stay across pages (for 10 minutes), so it's no longer a big deal if you don't see all the alerts at once.

They aren't completely marked "Read" right away any more?

They are and there's really no way around that, but they keep a gadget for the next 10 minutes after you've read them.

Much more useful, thanks. :) I was going crazy trying to keep up with 30+ alerts every time I woke up.

I'm guessing the gadget can't be removed if you've read that particular item? A minor problem now is trying to keep track of which you clicked last... if it can't be done, fine, but wondering if it could be taken that bit much further.

Off topic: Could we have the star back on the notifications page, gets annoying trying to work out what I've actually looked at in the last 10 minutes when I get a flood of alerts. Or a way to manually remove a "gadget"

Personally I could just click the alerts tab twice and it opens a alert page. Then I can right click all I want.
Also, what is this gadget you speak of?

Personally, it would be nice if new alerts were marked as "read" when I actually clicked through and viewed the thread/page that the alert was referring to, instead of being marked as "read" when I open up the alerts menu or view the alerts page. Conversely, if I happen to visit a thread that I already have alerts for, those alerts should be marked as "read". Changing to this functionality would probably be quite involved, but I think it would improve usability quite a bit.

Personally, it would be nice if new alerts were marked as "read" when I actually clicked through and viewed the thread/page that the alert was referring to, instead of being marked as "read" when I open up the alerts menu or view the alerts page. Conversely, if I happen to visit a thread that I already have alerts for, those alerts should be marked as "read". Changing to this functionality would probably be quite involved, but I think it would improve usability quite a bit.

It sure would, and doing something like that has been on our to-do list for a long time, but it's a fairly major technical undertaking and we would want to make sure it doesn't harm performance.

Top Bottom