1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Retain copyright info for image attachments

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Amin Sabet, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Well-Known Member

I noticed that image attachments have all metadata stripped, including copyright. It's important to my members that their copyright info is retained.

Would ideally like to have the option of retaining all image metadata for attachments (eg, EXIF) but especially copyright.

EDIT - Do I have this wrong? Is metadata retained for attachments?
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
    empire likes this.
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

EXIF is generally unlikely to survive any resize/rotation attempt. In terms of GD, I don't believe there's any ability to keep it; I'm not sure if Imagick has an option to keep it, though presumably it doesn't by default. I would also say that the more common request is to always strip EXIF data, rather than always keep it.

So the workaround would be to do any necessary resizing or rotation (such as by the rotation recorded in the EXIF data) before uploading.
  3. Amin Sabet

Imagick definitely can do it. Would be great if XenForo would support that so we can give members the ability to retain their copyright info.
  4. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

XenForo does support Imagick - see the setting in Attachments in ACP Options.
  5. Amin Sabet

I know, but Xenforo's implementation of Imagick results in stripped EXIF and copyright. Imagick doesn't have to remove this information.