Lack of interest Retain copyright info for image attachments

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Amin Sabet

I noticed that image attachments have all metadata stripped, including copyright. It's important to my members that their copyright info is retained.

Would ideally like to have the option of retaining all image metadata for attachments (eg, EXIF) but especially copyright.

EDIT - Do I have this wrong? Is metadata retained for attachments?

Last edited:
Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
EXIF is generally unlikely to survive any resize/rotation attempt. In terms of GD, I don't believe there's any ability to keep it; I'm not sure if Imagick has an option to keep it, though presumably it doesn't by default. I would also say that the more common request is to always strip EXIF data, rather than always keep it.

So the workaround would be to do any necessary resizing or rotation (such as by the rotation recorded in the EXIF data) before uploading.

EXIF is generally unlikely to survive any resize/rotation attempt. In terms of GD, I don't believe there's any ability to keep it; I'm not sure if Imagick has an option to keep it, though presumably it doesn't by default. I would also say that the more common request is to always strip EXIF data, rather than always keep it.

So the workaround would be to do any necessary resizing or rotation (such as by the rotation recorded in the EXIF data) before uploading.

Imagick definitely can do it. Would be great if XenForo would support that so we can give members the ability to retain their copyright info.

Top Bottom