Fixed Resource Preview Error

audiokid

member with permission to create a Resource through a dedicated Category cannot preview without an error.

Attachments

• cant-preview-resource.webp
    cant-preview-resource.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 16
  • category.webp
    category.webp
    62.4 KB · Views: 15
There is a way around this by giving the resource full access to all the categories but this defeats the ability to have dedicated Resources upgrades.

There seems to be a bug with the Resource “Preview” ( Error comes up).
The simple way around that is to disregard the Preview Button until your have submitted your Resource once, then go back and Edit Resource. The Preview will work now!

If you are an admin, its fine. But if you are a dedicated user group for that Resource, this is a bug.

What error comes up?

I just tried this in our Resource Manager and the Preview works fine.

Overall this bug report is quite vague so we're going to need some more detail to be able to reproduce it.

I have just merged the new bug report with the existing one you opened. Please avoid creating duplicate threads about the same subject.

Sorry Chris, thank you. It appeared to be removed.

It appears to be a bug but you may not see it because you haven't enabled your Resource as a usergroup for one resource and you as the User? I can reproduce it over and over.

Attachments

• error.webp
    error.webp
    9.2 KB · Views: 7
I've still only got a vague idea of what I need to do to reproduce this.

Rather than a single sentence, can you please describe the specific steps? e.g. What groups the user is in, what permissions that user has, what the permissions are for the category.

Happy to take a look directly if you PM me an Admin login and your URL.

Thanks, I've tracked down in the code where this is happening.

We should be able to fix this for the next release.

Top Bottom