Resource Manager Questions

The Dark Wizard

Hey guys!

I PMed mike with some questions on the RM and he told me to come ask on the forums because other users will be able to answer my questions(Hes really busy and I feel bad for PMing him any way :<).

Just had a few questions before it goes on sale.

I know that addons can make a thread but my question is can you link an existing thread to a new resource/addon/submission or what ever you call them?

Can new submissions be added to moderation for approval? If so do you need ACP level access or can a "moderator" do it?

I might have some more questions in the future but I think those are good ones for now.

I know that addons can make a thread but my question is can you link an existing thread to a new resource/addon/submission or what ever you call them?
Yes, I have done it many times here when the RM was first installed.

Can new submissions be added to moderation for approval? If so do you need ACP level access or can a "moderator" do it?
Yes, it is done per category (set in the ACP) and is a moderator function.

Here's an example of your first question.

Note the date of the resource is Feb 22 2012: http://xenforo.com/community/resour...and-the-install-directory-using-htaccess.353/

Yet the discussion thread date is Mar 16 2011: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...d-the-install-directory-using-htaccess.28234/

Most excellent. I am extremely thrilled by this.

We have a bunch of threads we plan to convert to the RM as we start hooking things up to it.

Things are set in phrases right?

So we could easily change the default name of things. I would also like to know if it would be possible to put on a subdomain of our main xF installation.

There will also be a third party add-on available which will allow you to reassign the thread attached to a resource.
I'll let the developer who is coding that tell you more about it.

It is phrased, yes.

The installation path is linked to the forum, so you can't have the forum in the main domain and the RM in a sub-domain.

An existing "normal" thread can be merged with a resource thread, yes, making it the new resource discussion thread.

I did it many times here when the RM was first added.
Nice ! Thanks for the confirmation. Just a last question about this system: the resource presentation page (the one with review) is considered as the first post of the thread or is it a totally different system (new db fields) ?

If a user creates a new resource, then is the user able to define the discussion thread? Or does a moderator need to do this?

Does the RM have plenty of hooks for us to expand it?

Is it easy to add an additional content type?

Top Bottom