Resource icon

Resource Manager - Date Change 1.0.2

No permission to download

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Thank you so much for donating. It is always appreciated!

Once the Resource Manager is released, you may very well be purchasing it as a replacement for managing various current resources you already have at your forums spread across threads with attachments.

With that in mind, you will want a way to change the dates on the Resources that you create so the resources remain in the correct chronological order.

My add-on adds a new permission controlled option that will allow you to change the date of a resource:

v6YuYpQ.png

Clicking the relevant link will bring you to an overlay where you can choose a new date for the Resource:

2Pmobq8.png

The add-on prevents you from setting a future date:

U6UIn8y.png

Once you click the submit button, the date you've chosen is converted to a timestamp and updated on the resource.

THINGS TO BEAR IN MIND

The add-on does not allow you to alter the current "update" date, nor does it update the date of the attached discussion thread.

HOW TO INSTALL
The easiest way to install this add-on is if you use the Add-On Installer.

Alternatively:
  1. Download the zip file.
  2. Extract its contents to your hard drive.
  3. Upload the contents of the upload folder to the root of your XenForo installation.
  4. Complete install via the Admin CP using the provided XML file.

I have attached a german language pack for this. Didn't feel like wasting a resource manager entry with a 6 phrases language pack. Btw, I like the third phrase.

Attachments

Thank you Chris - with login-as-user this can transfer my existing articles - as long as they can go on one page.

Almost there.

Why do you need Login as User?

So I can transfer articles written by other members, into the RM.

I need to -
- redo some phrases, and hide some stuff like tabs with css - (OK)
- assign original author (EDIT RM can do this)
- assign original date (Chris' change date can do that)
- assign thread (Chris' other addon)
- ability to create multiple pages in RM resource page for multi-page articles ........

Luckily I have small boards and most of the articles are by me as I havent promoted article writing yet - my existing addon for articles was never finished.

The resource manager already gives you the ability to reassign a resource to whoever you want. So no need for login as user.

My other resource manager add on let's you change the thread assigned to a resource so no need for merging.

The resource manager already gives you the ability to reassign a resource to whoever you want. So no need for login as user.
My other resource manager add on let's you change the thread assigned to a resource so no need for merging.

Thanks Chris I have edited my post accordingly.
Just got to wait for the multiple page addon now.

Any ideas why the "Change Resource Date" is not showing up? Uploaded the files, installed the xml, templates were rebuilt.

Did I miss a setting somewhere?

Screen Shot 2013-03-26 at 5.12.11 PM.webp

Have you set the permissions correctly?

I will double check but since I uploaded it ... let me see....

Update: OK. There is a permission which needed to be changed for the change date. There was also one for "download resource" and so I clicked on it for the admin usergroup.

So while this addon is active, moderated resources cannot be approved, I get the "Resource dates cannot be in the future." message and when I turn it off we can approve resources as normal again, works great to change the dates of things we upload as a staff though since we are in the process of transferring a boatload of stuff to our RM.

Can you combine RM addons so that one can do multiple things such as change date, author, etc

So while this addon is active, moderated resources cannot be approved, I get the "Resource dates cannot be in the future." message and when I turn it off we can approve resources as normal again, works great to change the dates of things we upload as a staff though since we are in the process of transferring a boatload of stuff to our RM.
I haven't been able to replicate this issue, but this update filters the resource_date validity check to only run if the resource_date is changed.

Can you verify it fixes the issue?

Thank you.

Chris

Attachments

Can this be extended to allow the download count to be changed? For the same reason I want to change the date -- migrating items from another source.

Top Bottom