1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resource Manager comments section

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Limnic, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Limnic

Limnic New Member

Hello,

I am trying out the demo and I noticed how the official xenforo forum has the possibility to put comments on resources however no matter what I do in the demo I do not have this option.

I have tried changing permissions; category & resource settings; I tried looking for add-ons but to no avail. I think this is an important part so I would really like to be sure that there is a comment section for resources.

Also is it possible for resources to have some kind of bug-tracking system?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

By comments section I presume you mean threads.
    If so, that is set on a per resource category basis.

A bug-tracker would require custom development.

3. Limnic

Limnic New Member

No I am talking about the page of a resource having messages under them (I overlooked and saw that they are just reviews here) to which users can reply. To be clear; NOT a thread.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Reviews are also default functionality.

You just need to set the options accordingly.

5. Limnic

Limnic New Member

Reviews are not really comments though. Can users reply to reviews?

6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

No, only the author can reply.

There's nothing that would show comments / a thread at the bottom a resource.

7. Limnic

Limnic New Member

That's unfortunate. One quick other question; the annual renewal fee makes it so that you get upgrades. These upgrades, how frequent are they and would it be bad if you did not pay the fee? Are there any security updates even if you don't pay the fee?

8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You can see the releases here: https://xenforo.com/community/forums/announcements/ You can make a judgement about frequency there. If you don't pay the extension, then any updates (which may include security releases) wouldn't be available. You can continue using your existing version though.

We do tend to release patches, but I don't think we could guarantee availability based on the extent of the changes needed.