Resource Manager comments section

Limnic

Hello,

I am trying out the demo and I noticed how the official xenforo forum has the possibility to put comments on resources however no matter what I do in the demo I do not have this option.

I have tried changing permissions; category & resource settings; I tried looking for add-ons but to no avail. I think this is an important part so I would really like to be sure that there is a comment section for resources.

Also is it possible for resources to have some kind of bug-tracking system?

By comments section I presume you mean threads.
If so, that is set on a per resource category basis.

A bug-tracker would require custom development.

By comments section I presume you mean threads.
If so, that is set on a per resource category basis.

A bug-tracker would require custom development.
No I am talking about the page of a resource having messages under them (I overlooked and saw that they are just reviews here) to which users can reply. To be clear; NOT a thread.

No, only the author can reply.

There's nothing that would show comments / a thread at the bottom a resource.
That's unfortunate. One quick other question; the annual renewal fee makes it so that you get upgrades. These upgrades, how frequent are they and would it be bad if you did not pay the fee? Are there any security updates even if you don't pay the fee?

These upgrades, how frequent are they and would it be bad if you did not pay the fee?
You can see the releases here: https://xenforo.com/community/forums/announcements/ You can make a judgement about frequency there. If you don't pay the extension, then any updates (which may include security releases) wouldn't be available. You can continue using your existing version though.

Are there any security updates even if you don't pay the fee?
We do tend to release patches, but I don't think we could guarantee availability based on the extent of the changes needed.

Top Bottom