Resource Filter by AddonsLab

Resource Filter by AddonsLab [Paid] 3.6.1

No permission to buy ($69.99)
Hello, @Donny

The issue is fixed now. Please download the latest versions of Resource Filter and Location custom field add-ons.

Thank you!
I should get paid to be the tester for this.

Got another error, I've setup Check Boxes information on Extra Info Tab and get this error when trying to access resources.

Seems to be related to XFES and RF.

Stack trace
#0 src/addons/XFES/Elasticsearch/Api.php(330): XFES\Elasticsearch\Api->request('GET', 'X', '{
"size": 0...')
#1 src/addons/AL/FilterFramework/Service/ElasticSource.php(199): XFES\Elasticsearch\Api->requestFromIndex('GET', '_search', Array)
#2 src/addons/AL/ResourceFilter/XFES/Search/Source/Elasticsearch.php(75): AL\FilterFramework\Service\ElasticSource->countFacets(Array, Array)
#3 src/addons/AL/ResourceFilter/XF/Search/Search.php(66): AL\ResourceFilter\XFES\Search\Source\Elasticsearch->countFacetsByResourceIds(Array, Array)
#4 src/addons/AL/ResourceFilter/Service/ContentTypeProvider.php(382): AL\ResourceFilter\XF\Search\Search->countFacetsByResourceIds(Array, Array)
#5 src/addons/AL/FilterFramework/Service/FacetedSearchProvider.php(140): AL\ResourceFilter\Service\ContentTypeProvider->countFacetsByDiscussionIds(Array, Array)
#6 src/addons/AL/FilterFramework/Service/ContextProvider.php(610): AL\FilterFramework\Service\FacetedSearchProvider->getFacetCounts(Array, Array, false)
#7 src/addons/AL/ResourceFilter/XFRM/ControllerPlugin/Overview.php(163): AL\FilterFramework\Service\ContextProvider->executeFacetedSearch(Object(XFRM\Finder\ResourceItem), Array)
#8 src/addons/Snog/Flags/XFRM/ControllerPlugin/Overview.php(9): AL\ResourceFilter\XFRM\ControllerPlugin\Overview->applyResourceFilters(Object(XFRM\Finder\ResourceItem), Array)
#9 src/addons/XFRM/ControllerPlugin/Overview.php(36): Snog\Flags\XFRM\ControllerPlugin\Overview->applyResourceFilters(Object(XFRM\Finder\ResourceItem), Array)
#10 src/addons/AL/ResourceFilter/XFRM/ControllerPlugin/Overview.php(67): XFRM\ControllerPlugin\Overview->getCoreListData(Array, NULL)
#11 src/addons/XFRM/Pub/Controller/ResourceItem.php(34): AL\ResourceFilter\XFRM\ControllerPlugin\Overview->getCoreListData(Array)
#12 src/addons/AL/ResourceFilter/XFRM/Pub/Controller/ResourceItem.php(36): XFRM\Pub\Controller\ResourceItem->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): AL\ResourceFilter\XFRM\Pub\Controller\ResourceItem->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(244): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XFRM:ResourceIt...', 'Index', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Siropu\AdsManager\XFRM\Pub\Controller\ResourceItem), NULL)
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Siropu\AdsManager\XFRM\Pub\Controller\ResourceItem), NULL)
#16 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#17 src/XF/App.php(2178): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#18 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#19 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#20 {main}

I should get paid to be the tester for this.

That would be absolutely fair :) We have assigned added branding removal to your license for free.

Checkboxes work fine for us, running Elasticsearch version 5.6.16. You can see it working at https://xf2.addonslab.com/index.php.../filter-in-sidebar.6/&rf[field_5][0]=option_1

Please provide which Elasticseaech version you are using. Does the error mention any message except the stack trace provided? Can you reproduce the issue on our board in any way?

Thank you!

I'll take a look now. :)

And thanks for the branding removal. I have a few more forums I want this working on once I have got it working right on this one.

I'm not going to keep updating them all though until it's working right for me on this one.

Edit: it says this in the server error

• XFES\Elasticsearch\RequestException: all shards failed
  • src/addons/XFES/Elasticsearch/Api.php:409

ES is 2.1.2

Can i dont show anything on the index?
And can i decide which fields are searchable in which category while i want to use and show all fields every where?
With the stars i can choose 1, 2, 3, 4, 5? But normaly i want to know how has 3 stars or better.

Last edited:
Hello, @Robert9 !

Can i dont show anything on the index?

There is no specific option to enable/disable filters on the home page, but setting the option "Multiple category search modes" to "Shared fields only" might do it for your case, if you have multiple top-level categories that do not share custom fields.

And can i decide which fields are searchable in which category while i want to use and show all fields every where?

Custom fields have an option to choose if they are filterable or no, but this option is not category-specific. So, if a custom field is marked as filterable, it is filterable in all categories to which it is assigned. If for some reason you want to have a custom field, let's say "Price", which is not filterable in a particular category, you can create another custom field, not mark it as filterable and assign it to that category instead of your original filterable custom field.

With the stars i can choose 1, 2, 3, 4, 5? But normaly i want to know how has 3 stars or better.

For now, it searches the exact match for star filters. I understand in many cases users would prefer seeing 3+ stars results, but there can be cases and boards that would prefer having an exact match. We have added it to our TODO list to implement an option that allows admins to decide how star filter works on their forum - exact match or range match. It will be implemented soon.

Thank you!

Some ideas for your add-on:

The prefixes should be also viewable/non vieable by option like author.
If you use the automatic update, then you still need the button "Filter"?
If there is no result for resources, the text could be not shown. Now it is shown without the 0.
Also the index should have an option to dont show anything.

The add-on is not compatible with the alphabar add-on; maybe you want to add your own alphabar?

Last edited:
1. missing phrase?
alrf_resource_field

2. The sort of a checkbox field is correct in the popup, but not in the sidebar.

Last edited:
Hello, @Robert9

Thank you for suggestions and reports.

The prefixes should be also viewable/non vieable by option like author.

We have an option to disable some of built-in elements of the form:

1574861190973.webp

I assume you mean similar option for the resource filter, that will allow you to disable Prefix filter in the filter form. Please confirm.

If you use the automatic update, then you still need the button "Filter"?

As automatic updates are based on JavaScript, there can be cases when something fails and it is good for users to have an option to use the button to submit the button without JavaScript, at least this is the common practice so far. I guess most of users using the form for several minutes will understand that they simply don't need to press the filter button anymore as the results are updated immediately. If you think you need the change just let us know and we will provide instructions to modify a template and remove the button.

If there is no result for resources, the text could be not shown. Now it is shown without the 0.

That's a bug that should be fixed.

Also the index should have an option to dont show anything.

Yes, for now it the fields are decided automatically, based on involved categories, but we will implement an option to disable all custom field filters on the home page.

The add-on is not compatible with the alphabar add-on; maybe you want to add your own alphabar?

It is not clear which add-on you mean. If it is a paid add-on, the author can contact us and provide the package for us to test and implement compatibility.

1. missing phrase?
alrf_resource_field

Yes, this will be fixed as well.

2. The sort of a checkbox field is correct in the popup, but not in the sidebar.

Will review this and inform you here soon.

Thank you!

Thank you, yes, i have seen the add-on for resources. Thank you for answering.

The mentioned add-on is probably "deleted", but still in function.

Anyway it is a good idea, i guess and hope, to implement your own alpha bar.
In that case that all resources have a name to sort by, it makes really sense just to click "A" to have all resources with A.

And the optimum would be to klick all "a" and then use your fields to choose from.

(Example: All "M"ercedes => choose year, color, price from/to)

Error: Call to undefined method XF\Mvc\Reply\Redirect::getParams() src/addons/AL/ResourceFilter/XFRM/Pub/Controller/Category.php:36

AddonsLab updated Resource Filter by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

PHP error fix

Fixed a PHP error:

Error: Call to undefined method XF\Mvc\Reply\Redirect::getParams() src/addons/AL/ResourceFilter/XFRM/Pub/Controller/Category.php:36

The new version is available for all licensed customers at

Thank you!

Read the rest of this update entry...

It looks like hat someone tries to inject a sql-statement by adding chars to an url.
I am not sure if the problem is in your addon or another, but it seems possible to create wrong sql-queries.

It looks like hat someone tries to inject a sql-statement by adding chars to an url.
I am not sure if the problem is in your addon or another, but it seems possible to create wrong SQL-queries.

Thank you for the report. Modifying the form and submitting it with an SQL statement is not a security risk, there are automated scripts that try submitting any form on the web with modified input and monitor the response for some errors that would indicate that the back-end does not handle the request properly. Unless the response to such queries is unexpected/logs an error in the Server Log, there is no indicator of a security issue. Feel free to open a ticket if you think there is any problem/server error related to these requests, and we will investigate the issue further.

Thank you!

I have located the problem. It was in another addon, where the filter(string), was working, but you could insert strange values to manipulate the sql-query. With substring it is solved now.

Facet search fix for Elasticsearch back-end

The release fixes a bug with a Facet search showing the wrong number of matching results. The issue was related to Elasticsearch optimization considering only the top results, so the options that had fewer matching items would be shown as having no documents. The issue does not affect you if you are using MySQL as a search index or you are not using the Facet search option.

[URL...

New option - Number Formatting Exclusion List

In some cases number type fields are used for data that does not require number formatting (e.g. if the custom field represents years, it should not be shown as "2.020" but "2020". We have added an option that allows admins to list the IDs of such custom fields, and they will not be formatted in the output.

The release also fixes a bug, that would log a PHP error in some cases if the option "Total count indicator is active".

Important Note: If you are using several of our Filter...

Bug-fix: PHP errors due to outdated files in the last version

The release fixes an accidental issue in the last version including older files that caused different PHP errors. Please apply the version asap if you have installed the version 3.1.0.

Thank you!

PHP error fix: "Unsupported operand types".

The update fixes the error logged in the Server Error - "Unsupported operand types". The error would accure in cases of a forum not having configured any filterable custom fields.

Thank you!

Bug-fix: JavaScript errors due to outdated files in the version 3.1.0

The release fixes an accidental issue in version 3.1.0 including older files that caused JavaScript errors in the filter form. Please apply the version asap if you have installed the version 3.1.0. or above.

Thank you!

Top Bottom