Thread Filter by AddonsLab [Paid] 3.9.2

No permission to buy ($69.99)
AddonsLab updated Thread Filter by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

PHP error bug-fix

This version fixes the following PHP error when rebuilding thread fields:
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined property:
AL\ThreadFilter\Service\ContentTypeProvider::$app
- src/addons/AL/ThreadFilter/Service/ContentTypeProvider.php:190

The new version is available for all licensed customers at https://customers.addonslab.com/marketplace.php/my-services/

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi! In this and your other filter addons, I'm wondering where I can find the styling for the filter icon (next to search icon on mobile). I'd like to call attention to this more, and maybe change it to a high-contrast button. Filtering our CAS ads is a very used feature and I fear our users will miss the fa filter icon. Thanks!

Does this addon respect the node/forum that the custom thread field is assigned to?

Basically I have nodes related to categories and those nodes have different custom fields as set through the admin interface. I want to be able to allow those custom fields to show up in the filter list only in the forum/node that the custom fields exist in

So far so good but started getting this error on advance search

Code:
LogicException: Tried to call XF\Extension::resolveExtendedClassToRoot on AL\ThreadFilter\XF\Pub\Controller\XF22\Search, but extendClass was never called on the base class in src/XF/Extension.php at line 302
XF\Extension->resolveExtendedClassToRoot() in src/XF/Mvc/Controller.php at line 31
XF\Mvc\Controller->__construct() in src/XF/Container.php at line 276
XF\Container->createObject() in src/XF/App.php at line 1625
XF\App->XF\{closure}() in src/XF/Container.php at line 234
XF\Container->create() in src/XF/App.php at line 2963
XF\App->controller() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 291
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2487
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 524
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

@AddonsLab - I am trying to change the articles per row in my xenForo installation using the tutorial posted here. When I update my site to use two or three articles per row, the changes don't take effect (as detailed in this post ). I disabled all my add-ons and re-enabled them individually and found the cause is the Thread Filter add-on.

Is it possible to update this filter add-on to allow for different displays in the articles per row?

So far so good but started getting this error on advance search

Code:
LogicException: Tried to call XF\Extension::resolveExtendedClassToRoot on AL\ThreadFilter\XF\Pub\Controller\XF22\Search, but extendClass was never called on the base class in src/XF/Extension.php at line 302
XF\Extension->resolveExtendedClassToRoot() in src/XF/Mvc/Controller.php at line 31
XF\Mvc\Controller->__construct() in src/XF/Container.php at line 276
XF\Container->createObject() in src/XF/App.php at line 1625
XF\App->XF\{closure}() in src/XF/Container.php at line 234
XF\Container->create() in src/XF/App.php at line 2963
XF\App->controller() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 291
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2487
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 524
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

Sorry for the delay with the reply. Do you still get this error? It should have been resolved with our recent releases of Al/Core package and the latest Filter Framework.

Does this work with search forums?

Search forums do not support custom fields on the front-end, so the Filters popup does not exist there at all. Search forums are set up with thread criteria on the back-end and XenForo by default supports filtering the search forums by custom fields.

@AddonsLab - I am trying to change the articles per row in my xenForo installation using the tutorial posted here. When I update my site to use two or three articles per row, the changes don't take effect (as detailed in this post ). I disabled all my add-ons and re-enabled them individually and found the cause is the Thread Filter add-on.

Is it possible to update this filter add-on to allow for different displays in the articles per row?

Providing here the update we have sent to you via our ticket system as a reference for other users:

The issue is related to the position of a thread filter in the sidebar. This CSS rule -.p-body-main:not(.p-body-main--withSidebar) .block--previews .block-body is for the content area of article previews, but only when there's no sidebar in the main content area. You should either change the position of the filter into a popup or above the content or modify the rule to work also when there is a sidebar. Here is how the rule would look in that case:

.p-body-main .block--previews .block-body
{
grid-template-columns: repeat(2, 1fr);
grid-template-areas: "a a" "b_1 b_2" "b_3 b_4";
}

Thank you!

@AddonsLab - It looks like the keyword search only works for words over 3 characters. For three-character word, the items aren't filtered and the thread list is displayed in full.

Is it possible to also include words that are three characters long in the results?

@AddonsLab - It looks like the keyword search only works for words over 3 characters. For three-character word, the items aren't filtered and the thread list is displayed in full.

Is it possible to also include words that are three characters long in the results?

The add-on is using XenForo search engine to execute the keyword search, so the results are exactly as it would be on the main search page. You can see a discusson on this topic at https://xenforo.com/community/threads/search-for-less-than-3-characters-words.20331/

Thank you!

Top Bottom