Resource Filter by AddonsLab

Resource Filter by AddonsLab [Paid] 3.6.1

No permission to buy ($69.99)
Hi there.. when "Auto Reload" is enabled and you choose one or more of the items then all rescources disappear from view (even if they match the filter) and don´t show up again until you refresh the page.

Hello!

Thank you for the report. We will update our demo board with the latest version and check the issue there soon. We will confirm here if we could reproduce the issue. Meanwhiles, if you have a publically accessible URL where we could see the issue, please let us know.

Thank you!

We have disabled the "auto load" because it does not work.. so the issue can not be shown on our url.

We have installed the latest version of our add-on on the demo board and it seems to work fine - https://xf2.addonslab.com/index.php...n_1&resource_fields[field_8]=5&direction=desc This is an enhanced version so maybe it does not have the bug anymore. We will release it publically tomorrow, please install it and see if you still have the issue. If so, we will contact you in our Support System to troubleshoot the problem on your board further.

Thank you!

AddonsLab updated Resource Filter by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Filter by keywords and tags

This version introduced two substantial enhancements - ability to filter resources by keywords and by tags. Both features are configurable and can be turned off in product's options. Keyword search can be configured to search in resource title only or both title and the description. Both fields support AJAX mode. In the background, XenForo search engine and the cache is used to filter the resources.

View attachment 178809

The new version is available for all licensed customers at...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Bug-fix: Features Resources block missing

This is a bug-fix release that solves the issue with Featured Resource block missing when Resource Filter add-on is activated.

The new version is available for all licensed customers at
https://customers.addonslab.com/marketplace.php/my-services/

Feel free to suggest further enhancements for the add-on or report any issues you have and they will be addressed asap.

Please consider posting a review if you are using the add-on and let us and other users know how it works for you...

We will release it publically tomorrow, please install it and see if you still have the issue.

Hi there... sorry but it took me a while to find the time for updating our addons.
So... now I did a bit more testing.. and your addon works also when auto load is enabled.
But... only when we deacitivate another addon for the rescource layout: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/ha-xfrm-resources-layout.5445/
:(

We need both addons.. so I guess we have to live without the "auto load" function :(

Thank you for your support!

Hi there... sorry but it took me a while to find the time for updating our addons.
So... now I did a bit more testing.. and your addon works also when auto load is enabled.
But... only when we deacitivate another addon for the rescource layout: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/ha-xfrm-resources-layout.5445/
:(

We need both addons.. so I guess we have to live without the "auto load" function :(

Thank you for your support!

Thank you for the reply. We will try to check the compatibility with the add-on mentioned and see what we can do. We will update here if we have a fix for this problem.

Thank you!

Hello, @shining

The link provided is for XenForo 1.x version and the same for 2.x version is a paid product. We can check product compatibility only if you or @Dadparvar can provide the package to install locally and test.

Thank you!

Ups sorry... I did just search for the addon here and did not recognize that I it was the xf1 version. We certainly use the xf2 version. For the rest I will PM you.

Feel free to let me know if you need any help to improve your products.

Our review has shown that you are using external jQuery in your templates those making two versions of jQuery running on the same page. This causes conflicts with our add-on and possibly other add-ons and XenForo core. Please check your code, remove the reference to external jQuery and update your JavaScript to use jQuery 3.x syntax instead of 2.x. You can find details about the changes between 2.x and 3.x versions at https://jquery.com/upgrade-guide/3.0/ especially https://jquery.com/upgrade-guide/3.0/#breaking-change-load-unload-and-error-removed seems will affect your code in several places.

@shining , please apply the update once @Dadparvar will implement the fixes and let us know if you still have any issue.

Thank you!

Bug-fix: PHP error logged after installation

This is a bug-fix release resolving some errors that customers may experience immediately after installation of the add-on when the information about the fields is not available yet (e.g. no custom fields configured yet).

Feel free to suggest further enhancements for the add-on or report any issues you have and they will be addressed asap.

Please consider...

In XF1 the custom fields are saved in a blob; to search for custom fields AndyB selects them all, expands them and search in an array after.
This makes no sense if you have tenthousands of resources, right?
How the custom fields are saved in XF2? The same way?

In XF1 the custom fields are saved in a blob; to search for custom fields AndyB selects them all, expands them and search in an array after.
This makes no sense if you have tenthousands of resources, right?
How the custom fields are saved in XF2? The same way?

In XenForo 2 custom fields are stored in the database using a normalized structure (separate table having one row per field/per resource with the value in a separate column) which is the only way to execute a real search and filtering without depending on a number of custom fields/resources. They are also indexed in XenForo search index itself (and in Elastic Search if you use it), so the actual search is executed in this index. We have tested the product with more than 200k resources and more than a million custom fields and it performs very fast even with MySQL and instantly if using ElasticSearch.

Just let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you!

Stability fix

This is a stability enhancement fixing PHP errors logged in the Admin Panel in the cases when a bot or a user would intentionally supply filter values which don't exist in the choices of a multiple-choice field. The error would be generated due to the system trying to find the phrase for the option and resulting in "Undefined index..." error.

Feel free to...

Multiple choice fields search enhancement

The default behavior of the product to search multiple values of the same custom field is to find any items which match to any of the options selected. For example, if a resource item is created with the values of a custom field put as "option 1" and "option 2", and another resource item is created with the same custom field having a value "option 1" only, then a user filtering the list checking both "option 1" and "option 2" in the form would see both resource items in the results. With...

Default match type configuration

This version is further improvement of multiple choice field search configuration. Now, admins are able to set if the default match type for a field should be "Match all options" or "Match any option". This can be set in add/edit field page, under the sector "Options for choice fields".

View attachment 185789

Feel free to suggest further enhancements...

Bug-fix: incorrect cached results when different custom fields use the same values

This is a bug-fix release the fixes the case of having incorrect results shown when two custom fields have identical values. As a result, the cache from the search results executed against one of the custom fields could be used when searching for the second custom field.

Feel free to suggest further enhancements for the add-on or report any...

Top Bottom