Resizing Image Proxy images results in corrupted image files...

DeltaHF

I'm hacking the Image Proxy to downscale large images, server-side, before caching them.

I have added the following code to ../Library/XenForo/Model/ImageProxy.php, starting at line 315 (just inside the if (!requestFailed){ ... } block):

PHP:
$imageInfo = @getimagesize($streamFile);
$imageInfo['width'] = $imageInfo[0];
$imageInfo['height'] = $imageInfo[1];
$imageInfo['type'] = $imageInfo[2];

$maxWidth = 800;
$maxHeight = 3000;

if ($imageInfo['width'] > $maxWidth)
{
   if (XenForo_Image_Abstract::canResize($imageInfo['width'], $imageInfo['height']))
   {
        $tempImage = XenForo_Image_Abstract::createFromFile($streamFile, $imageInfo['type']);
        $tempImage->thumbnail($maxWidth ? $maxWidth : $maxHeight, $maxHeight);
        $success = $tempImage->output($imageInfo['type'], $streamFile, 95);

if ($success)
        {
            $fileSize = filesize($streamFile);
        }
    }
}

This works... but only in Chrome. Firefox just downloads part of the image, Safari reports a "network connection was lost" error in the console (and doesn't show the image unless you load it directly), and IE shows corrupt pixels (on some images, they're green):

corrupt.webp

You can view this file for yourself from my Image Proxy right here, and you can view it in context (with lots of other corrupted images) in this thread.

I have researched this as much as I can, but now I'm stuck. Any ideas on how I could fix this?

I'm hacking the Image Proxy to downscale large images, server-side, before caching them.

I have added the following code to ../Library/XenForo/Model/ImageProxy.php, starting at line 315 (just inside the if (!requestFailed){ ... } block):

PHP:
$imageInfo = @getimagesize($streamFile);
$imageInfo['width'] = $imageInfo[0];
$imageInfo['height'] = $imageInfo[1];
$imageInfo['type'] = $imageInfo[2];

$maxWidth = 800;
$maxHeight = 3000;

if ($imageInfo['width'] > $maxWidth)
{
   if (XenForo_Image_Abstract::canResize($imageInfo['width'], $imageInfo['height']))
   {
        $tempImage = XenForo_Image_Abstract::createFromFile($streamFile, $imageInfo['type']);
        $tempImage->thumbnail($maxWidth ? $maxWidth : $maxHeight, $maxHeight);
        $success = $tempImage->output($imageInfo['type'], $streamFile, 95);

if ($success)
        {
            $fileSize = filesize($streamFile);
        }
    }
}

This works... but only in Chrome. Firefox just downloads part of the image, Safari reports a "network connection was lost" error in the console (and doesn't show the image unless you load it directly), and IE shows corrupt pixels (on some images, they're green):

View attachment 100639

You can view this file for yourself from my Image Proxy right here, and you can view it in context (with lots of other corrupted images) in this thread.

I have researched this as much as I can, but now I'm stuck. Any ideas on how I could fix this?

Did you ever figure this one out? I would love to do something like this.

Sadly, no.

It's still a feature I would really like to have so users can't overwhelm threads with lots of large images. Let me know if you have any luck.

Top Bottom