Report Improvements by Xon

Report Improvements by Xon 1.11.0

No permission to download
If I go to the Node Permissions and manually set the permissions to Allow for the moderator to access the Report Center it works. It would be great if this was done automatically when adding the moderator using the above steps I mentioned. Otherwise, if you remove the moderator this permission is left customized.

I'd suggest following the XF moderator standards even when adding a moderator to just a single forum so that this is true:
  • Reported Items - Delete post by anyone or Edit post by anyone.

Thanks!
@TeflonDon next version should fix this by properly supporting content moderators

Xon updated Report Improvements by Xon with a new update entry:

Feature Update

• Split Report Centre permissions into global and per-forum.
  • Support explicit Report Centre permissions on the AdminCP content/super moderator pages.
    • On install, links any explicit per user permissions with moderator permissions so when de-modded those permissions will be removed
  • Fix support for user tagging in profile post comment reports (template was named wrong)

Read the rest of this update entry...

What i'm looking for is, that users who report a thread will be able to see their own reports, so if a moderator takes action (or maybe has a question about the report) the user will this it and will be able to answer. Is this possible with this addon?

What i'm looking for is, that users who report a thread will be able to see their own reports, so if a moderator takes action (or maybe has a question about the report) the user will this it and will be able to answer. Is this possible with this addon?
Nope. I think there was an old Waindigo add-on which let you see if "your" report was resolved but it didn't work well with multiple people reporting the same post.

The Report system doesn't really work well with reportthreads either.

Last edited:
I recently have had a moderator decide to just be a normal user. I did all the standard things to remove his permissions but for some reason the one thing that hasn't disappeared is his ability to see and comment on reports.

Here is a screenshot of what he looks like when I analyze his permissions.

reporting.webp

It shows a "User Value" but I have never seen that ability to give a user a single permission.

Yes he is most definitely not a content moderator and not an actual moderator in any way.

The one limited content moderator does not have permissions to view reports so that is working correctly.

Here is an actual moderator that is still active. This user that erroneously still has access was part of that Amod user group before.

moderator.webp

Top Bottom