1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Remove Sign Up Now button...

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Ryan Kent, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Ryan Kent

Ryan Kent Well-Known Member

I love Shelley's work and decided to register at her forums. It was my hope to preview the top secret smiley project but alas, I was thwarted by her security system. She has disabled registration on her site which is fine, but it took me a while to figure out what was going on.

First I visited the site, saw the large SIGN UP NOW button and pressed it. I was prompted to enter my username/pw. The "Do you already have an account? yes/no" part was missing, so I entered my desired username/pw thinking that would start the registration process. Instead I receive the error "The requested user cannot be found" and then am prompted to "Log in or Sign Up".

I tried several things not sure what was wrong and ultimately, I entered a username and left the password field blank. It was then I received the "New registrations are currently not being accepted" message.

I would suggest when an admin selects to not accept registrations that the SIGN UP NOW button be removed from the forums. Also adding a "not accepting new registrations" message would probably be helpful at the login screen where a user enters his or her username/pw.

2. James

James Well-Known Member

As a quick fix, the variable $xenOptions["registrationSetup"]['enabled'] shows whether registration is enabled (showing true/false) - you can use this as a quick fix.

Template syntax will be {$xenOptions.registrationSetup.enabled}.

Example of use would be to display an important message if registration is disabled.
    Forum_list template:
    Code:
    <xen:if is="!{$xenOptions.registrationSetup.enabled}">
        <div class="importantMessage">
            We have disabled registrations at the moment. Please try again later.
        </div>
    </xen:if>

EDIT: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...up-now-button-on-disabled-registration.13599/

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

If you disable registrations on a non-modified style, it should turn all the references into "log in" links only (though there was one place that seems to have been missed in 1.0.0). I suspect that the "sign up now" button is on her site due to template modifications.

4. Ryan Kent

I just forced my site into default style and turned off registrations. I still see the Sign Up Now button. I'll leave my signups closed for a bit in case you catch this post and want to experiment. My site is www.terapvp.com

I also confirmed I have 0 modified Default templates.

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Ahh, that's the location that got accidentally overwritten it seems. (I thought it was the tab at the top.)

6. Ryan Kent

Ah good. I didn't care how you were beating up on the poor defenseless smiley girl :cool:

So it's official? I found my first bug?! After so many failures it smells like.....VICTORY!

Thx Mike. Putting my site back to open registrations and my Flexile style.

7. kilcher

kilcher Active Member

I think you're safe, if this had already been discussed Brogan would have posted a link by now. :p

FredC likes this.