XF 1.5 Remove option to post homepage url in Profile signature

kadona

In the Profile page of each member there is an option to post a link to the member's own blog or forum. Can this be removed? And if so how?
Or is it a question for the host?

There isn't an option to control this alone. At best, it could be removed from the template in the account section so people couldn't (naturally) set it.

Thank you. I wouldn't know how to do what you suggest. In the meantime I found that I can delete the url link when a member registers. That works OK and it is no trouble doing this as and when a new member registers.

I just found that a member has evaded the quarantine I have on all new members until their good-will is established. He has done it by posting a new resource.
I want to give him a fair hearing, but am quite alarmed that new members can get in 'under the radar' so to speak. Can I not control that section?

The only answer I can think of is that the member could have used some technical know-how to 'cheat the system' so to speak. Would that be your conclusion?

No, I'd have to assume the permissions weren't set as expected in this section. You'd control the global resource manager permissions like any other permissions (via user groups or individual users, etc). You can control individual resource category permissions as well.

It may be worth looking at the permission analyzer to confirm the final values are as you expect.

Attached is screenshot of what I changed in Resource permissions.
(a) the screenshot only disallows others to create resources (which is something I wanted apart from the original problem)
(b) can you supply a screenshot exactly where I can set the permissions that monitor new members before allowing them to post?

I would appreciate this very much.

Attached is screenshot of what I changed in Resource permissions.
I don't see a screenshot. Can you re-attach it?

can you supply a screenshot exactly where I can set the permissions that monitor new members before allowing them to post?
I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do, but you'd generally configure your base registered user permissions via Users > User group permissions > Registered. You'll find the RM permissions in there as well. If you've setup different user groups, you may need to look at additional groups.

You can analyze the global permissions (which would include the global RM permissions) for a user via Users > Analyze permissions. Enter the username of the person you want to check and you'll see the final value for their permissions.

Sorry, but screenshot wouldn't upload for some reason. But I think this works.
Can you show me where to set the permissions that monitor new members before allowing them to post?

Attachments

• upload_2017-3-17_13-4-20.webp
    upload_2017-3-17_13-4-20.webp
    45.8 KB · Views: 11
It looks like you've set the RM-related permission correctly there.

I assume the other permission you're referring to is "Follow message moderation rules", which when set to no will force a user's messages to be manually approved before becoming visible. (Note that the RM currently doesn't take this permission into account, though you can set categories to require manual approval for all users.)

Thank you for confirming the RM related permission is correcr that answers my original question.
Another one has come up in the process of this conversation. :) It is:

Could you give me a screenshot of where to set permission to 'follow message moderation rules' . Much obliged.

ETA : It's OK I found it and it is set to No. I appreciate your help very much thank you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom