XF 2.0 How to create a forum which only admins can post in but remains public + how to remove "You have insufficient privileges to post here" text

entelechy

I'm trying to set up a forum with admin only posting for announcements, and know that it's got to do with node permissions. However when I try to set all users except for admins as "Never" for anything other than viewing, the admin accounts are also blocked.

Is there something straight forward I'm missing?

Also is there a simple option to remove the text that displays to users that don't have permissions to post on a forum. Bottom of the page is "You have insufficient privileges to post here" and I'd like to edit or remove it if poss.

Cheers

I tried using No as well but the same result. Even my admin account can't post in the forum.

There a 4 options: Administrative, Moderating, Registered, Unregistered/Unconfirmed. I'm editing the forum permissions for Registered and setting things like Post New Thread to No. This blocks admins and normal users. What is the option to differentiate between admins and non-admins here?

Top Bottom