Registration and username anonimity

upnet

image.webp
I added a tidbit under the name field for new member registration some months ago, but I still get quite a few complaints after registering indicating my excerpt was overlooked. Is it the wording? I'm thinking to simplify it and perhaps change the color. Anyone have something that works for them?

I do not see how that can be overlooked as it is pretty obvious. But you can make that part in red color to stand out even more.

I do not see how that can be overlooked as it is pretty obvious. But you can make that part in red color to stand out even more.
I have 1-2 people every few months who request username changes after signing up with their real name.

View attachment 135010
I added a tidbit under the name field for new member registration some months ago, but I still get quite a few complaints after registering indicating my excerpt was overlooked. Is it the wording? I'm thinking to simplify it and perhaps change the color. Anyone have something that works for them?

Get rid of the "this cannot be changed" thing and install this or a similar add-on: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/username-change-by-siropu.4144/

Why make changing user names an admin chore or disallow it because it is a chore? Give users the power to do it themselves. Problem solved.

Top Bottom