Register users to WordPress

Register users to WordPress 1.1

No permission to download

kolakube

kolakube submitted a new resource:

Register new users to WordPress - Create new WordPress users when registered from XenForo.

A simple XenForo addon that registers users to your WordPress website with the same username, email, and password as entered during XF registration. This addon covers:
  1. Frontend XF registration
  2. Manual user creation from XF admin > Users > Create new
For your convenience, each new WordPress is marked with a special from_xf flag in the user's profile meta. Accessible to developer's only.

Bonus: If your WordPress site uses...

Read more about this resource...

Hello, kolakube.

Please give me a detailed answer, if possible:
1) Does registration through WordPress happen on it itself or are we being redirected to the XF registration form?
2) After activating the plugin, will already created users on XF be synchronized with accounts on WordPress or do we need to manually prescribe? If manually, how problematic would that be?
3) To sync XF users with the new WordPress base, I assume XFtoWP is needed?

This plugin is only responsible for new registrations between WordPress and XF and has nothing to do with syncing between existing users. Do I understand correctly?

Does registration through WordPress happen on it itself or are we being redirected to the XF registration form?
By itself.

2) After activating the plugin, will already created users on XF be synchronized with accounts on WordPress or do we need to manually prescribe? If manually, how problematic would that be?
No. XFtoWP 1.5 can sync existing users easily.

3) To sync XF users with the new WordPress base, I assume XFtoWP is needed?
Yes.

This plugin is only responsible for new registrations between WordPress and XF and has nothing to do with syncing between existing users. Do I understand correctly?
This addon creates a new wp user at time of registration on xf, nothing more.

This likely is not something that anything can be done about

Code:
ErrorException: Could not register user 'username' in WP: did not receive raw password

#0 src/XF.php(218): XF\Error->logError('Could not regis...', false)
#1 src/addons/Kolakube/RegisterWpUsers/XF/Service/User/Registration.php(17): XF::logError('Could not regis...')
#2 src/addons/NF/Tickets/XF/Service/User/Registration.php(11): Kolakube\RegisterWpUsers\XF\Service\User\Registration->_save()
#3 src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php(42): NF\Tickets\XF\Service\User\Registration->_save()
#4 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Register.php(309): XF\Service\User\Registration->save()
#5 src/addons/SV/SignupAbuseBlocking/XF/Pub/Controller/Register.php(91): XF\Pub\Controller\Register->actionConnectedAccountRegister(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): SV\SignupAbuseBlocking\XF\Pub\Controller\Register->actionConnectedAccountRegister(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Register', 'ConnectedAccoun...', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\SignupAbuseBlocking\XF\Pub\Controller\Register), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Reroute))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\SignupAbuseBlocking\XF\Pub\Controller\Register), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Reroute))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#10 src/XF/App.php(2351): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#11 src/XF.php(517): XF\App->run()
#12 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#13 {main}

Getting this, but it may be because they're using Google to sign up, so I'm unsure if there is a solution.

Getting this, but it may be because they're using Google to sign up, so I'm unsure if there is a solution.
Apologies, I overlooked this report. I will look into this and get back to you if a workaround is possible.

hello what happen to the password on WP if the user change its password on xenforo?
That is outside the scope of this addon. For that you will want to look into XFtoWP + Disable email and password addon combination.

Apologies, I overlooked this report. I will look into this and get back to you if a workaround is possible.
Even if it allows for registering the account to Wordpress, and then requiring a password reset on the users end that is fine for me.

Even if it allows for registering the account to Wordpress, and then requiring a password reset on the users end that is fine for me.
I am strongly considering going that route despite the inconvenience. It feels like a missed opportunity to skip account creation, and XFtoWP will still link them despite the password difference.

I am strongly considering going that route despite the inconvenience. It feels like a missed opportunity to skip account creation, and XFtoWP will still link them despite the password difference.
We're using XenForo to register, with registration disabled on Wordpress. I am also thinking of just going with a OTP plugin if I can find one that does what I want (was hoping that Shield Security would, but it's just normal 2FA which requires password).

If you have a recommendation for that it would be great.

Is there any update for when accounts are registered through Google/Facebook/Discord and not being created on the Wordpress installation?

I'll be using the Magic Link Mail (an updated fork of Passwordless Login), so passwords are no longer needed, but I will still need the accounts to be created.

keep getting a error have put the correct path in for my wordpress install but it wont work
Are XF and WP hosted at the same place?

Also make sure you use an opening / but no trailing slash in the path, like the example in the settings description.

If you have a directory password protected, disable that and see if it works,

Are XF and WP hosted at the same place?

Also make sure you use an opening / but no trailing slash in the path, like the example in the settings description.

If you have a directory password protected, disable that and see if it works,
thank you

they are both on the same server dir

the path is

/community

im sure i am missing something

Last edited:
It needs to be the full path.

Here is how mine is setup on Plesk currently.

Forum: /var/www/vhosts/website.com/httpdocs
Wordpress: /var/www/vhosts/website.com/store

Top Bottom