XF 1.5 Regarding Make New Threads from Existing Threads Using Its Posts

bibitbunga

So I just found out that we could move posts from a thread to new threads! This is awesome. I did not see it and its there the whole time. My board has grown good enough that we has a lot of topic discussed but they are only replied in one single topic that are not too related with. They p ossibly could make a new great thread if we move the posts regarding that.

I am so noob and am so happy that I could make a lot new threads and get google index good. They are all well discussed, just putted in a wrong thread because members are too comfortable in the old thread and just ask the author there, instead of making a new thread. Thats my problem. and now i see the solution.

What i want to ask:

1. What do you think? will this be good to my board?
  2. Is there any xenforo feature where we can filter long threads? I feel like want to inspect all of my board threads now to separate and make those new topics that I considered as gem! But it is big enough to explore in short time. I want to use filter so i can focus on long threads first. Do XF has this? Thank you

You can sort threads by most replies in each forum by clicking the Replies link in the header bar.

View attachment 134223

Note that sticky threads will still be listed first.
Thank you Brogan :)

@Jake Bunce have just helped me importing, and he really rocks. But now the imported contents are posted by Guest. How could we attach the contents from Guest, to an existing user account, for example: admin, or any other members?

I want to make that listing beautiful. The guests avatar is just a question mark haha..

Thank you

I dont know how Jake made it.

This is the screenshoot:
1463387203811-390240739.webp

I want to make the thread starter as an existing member not guest. How can I turn them via admin panel? Is there any feature?

Run this query:

Rich (BB code):
UPDATE xf_post
SET user_id = 123, username = 'NEWUSERNAME'
WHERE username = 'obatpertanian'
AND user_id = 0;

You need to specify the new user_id and username.

Run this query:

Rich (BB code):
UPDATE xf_post
SET user_id = 123, username = 'NEWUSERNAME'
WHERE username = 'obatpertanian'
AND user_id = 0;

You need to specify the new user_id and username.
And that works like charm! Will this be enough to all xenforo board posts' in general, not just work just in my case? Thank you Jake :)

Top Bottom