Lack of interest Refresh other tabs/includes when editing templates

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Dad.

Hey there!

This issue always seems to happen to me, so I thought I'd bring it up. Its something I can do without, but was wondering if it was something simple that could be done, and subsequently then if it could be included in the release.

Essentially, just want to refresh other ACP styles tabs when you've made an edit. Ill try and explain myself a bit here, as I don't mean the browser tab I mean the template include.

Say for example I have PAGE_CONTAINER open, which has sidebar.css. If I edit a style property OR if I edit another template that also includes sidebar.css that I accidentally (or purposefully but may not have noticed) have open in another tab, I'd like to refresh my other instance of sidebar.css. This will make it so I can have multiple tabs open and not have to worry as much about accidentally (or purposefully) having two of the same templates open and overwriting the old. I though there was a way to monitor this, so I figured Id bring it up. Not sure how it would work technically, and I could see how this would require all style property groups to be contained in the same CSS file.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:
Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Yes, can be pretty frustrating at times.

What I would like to see if a tab refresh isn't easily obtained maybe a pop up warning stating "One or more templates have been updated in another window, please refresh browser window" or something along those lines, like when writing a reply to a thread we get a pop up when someone post a new message. Either way I think it is something that can be improved upon.

As much as I think the suggestion is good, I still yearn for a decent way of externally editing the templates.

Top Bottom