Resource icon

Redis View Counters 1.1.3

No permission to download
I don't understand exactly sorry. @Xon

Is this add-on counts the thread views and write to redis (as temporary because redis may flush too) then a cron adding back these values to original database?

I hope i understand right :)

@maxicep, that is correct.

The standard XenForo solution, uses a MEMORY table to log views which are then compiled into the actual xf_thread_view table by a cron task.

Okay then i installed that plugin + optimize query add-on for caching improvements both. I will keep the health of forum. We have about 10m posts on xenforo so it will probably impact to performance . Thank you for your jobs @Xon :)

Reactions: Xon
And i have no found any options in admin panel for these add-ons. They are enable with all functions immediately when installed right ? @Xon

And i have no found any options in admin panel for these add-ons. They are enable with all functions immediately when installed right ? @Xon
There isn't any configuration for this add-on once installed and the Redis cache setting up.

/admin.php?options/list/performance ?
Some of the new options, Not related to this addon?
Those would be from the Redis Cache add-on.

This add-on's configuration pulls some configuration from the Redis cache add-on (if Lua is enabled from config.php), but otherwise doesn't have any configuration itself.

Those would be from the Redis Cache add-on.

This add-on's configuration pulls some configuration from the Redis cache add-on (if Lua is enabled from config.php), but otherwise doesn't have any configuration itself.
Btw, what about the Only cache root node option ? I have about 500 node with subforums (subforum count is about 400) so should i disable this option for cache subforums (sub nodes) too ?

Btw, what about the Only cache root node option ? I have about 500 node with subforums (subforum count is about 400) so should i disable this option for cache subforums (sub nodes) too ?
'Only cache root node' means only the root node's (ie primary forum list) list of forums is cached for the designated time for either members or guests.

If it that option is disabled, all nodes which have sub-nodes will implement caching of their list of child-nodes for designated time for either members or guests.

For me, the forum list is viewed very often. So just caching that is a good compromise for speed vs cache memory used. This option disabled will require much more memory, as the number of cache items is dependant on the unique permission set across all users.

Reactions: rdn
Attachments views counts still don't increasing.

I disabled & enabled & manually Run these cron entries:

Update View Counters (Extra)
Update View Counters

And flushed redis too. Still downloaded attachments shows as Zero views. @Xon

Attachment view counts can be tricky to trigger, make sure your browser isn't caching the download or use a new browser.

It is XenForo standard behaviour to no increment the view counter if the client sends a eTag which matches the attachment, and it returns a 304.

Top Bottom