1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Redirect Attachments from vBulletin 4.2 User Albums

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by StonePilot, May 27, 2014.

1. StonePilot

StonePilot Member

So I've got just about all of my redirects complete and working properly. There is one issue that I can't get figured out. The attachments were imported into the xf database properly, just as long as an image was added to a thread/post as an attachment.

However, I have thousands of embedded images on my vb 4.2 website where the source file is a User Album attachment. I have moved these into a photo gallery system, but can anyone help me understand how I can make a split-personality 301 redirect for attachments? Regular attachments are redirecting just fine, but not the user album images.

vB 4.2 Site (Image is embedded in Thread): www.website.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=1050&pictureid=6321
    vB 4.2 Site (URL redirect to this when loaded in browser): www.website.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11459
    XenForo Site (Photo is stored here just fine): www.website.com/xf/gallery/photos/photo-caption-name.11459/

Thoughts?

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I can help you with this. But to be certain about this redirect I need FTP access. Send me a PM.

3. StonePilot

StonePilot Member

Sending you a PM.

4. Heffalump

Heffalump Member

Hello Jake,

I have the same problem after migration from vB4 to XF. Can you help me, too?

5. Jake Bunce

I don't think I ever got access to his site to do these redirects.

Please provide an example old and new URL for the content you want redirected.

6. Heffalump

Heffalump Member

The old URL = domain.com/forum/album.php?albumid=619
    The new XMG URL = domain.com/forum/galerie/albums/stauraumnutzung-in-meiner-kueche-seit-12-2011.619/

The embed pictures from old vB-albums have this url: domain.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=111931&thumb=1
    The new embed url must be like this: domain.com/forum/galerie/kueche-grundriss.111931/full?d=1402111467

It would be very nice if you find out a possibility to redirect this old urls.

Thank you very much

Michael

7. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

The query string means a regular 301 redirect will not work.

But this should do (given that .htaccess is in the /forum/folder):

Code:
    RewriteCond   %{REQUEST_URI}    ^/album.php$
    RewriteCond   %{QUERY_STRING}   ^albumid=619$
    RewriteRule   ^(.*)$ http://domain.com/forum/galerie/albums/stauraumnutzung-in-meiner-kueche-seit-12-2011.619/   [R=301,L]
    Code:
    RewriteCond   %{REQUEST_URI}    ^/attachment.php.php$
    RewriteCond   %{QUERY_STRING}   ^attachmentid=111931&thumb=1$
    RewriteRule   ^(.*)$ http://domain.com/forum/galerie/kueche-grundriss.111931/full?d=1402111467   [R=301,L]

8. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

That would redirect those single URLs... I think Heffalump is after something a little bit more dynamic than that.

9. Jake Bunce

Add these rules to the top of the .htaccess file in your /forum directory:

Code:
    RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (^|\?)albumid=([0-9]+)($|&)
    RewriteRule ^album\.php$ /forum/galerie/albums/%2/? [R=301,L]

That will take care of the first URL.

The second one might not be appropriate to blanket redirect as it looks like a regular attachment URL from vB, but surely not all attachments are gallery images...

10. Heffalump

Heffalump Member

Thank you so much, Jake.

That redirect works like a charme. (y)

11. Heffalump

Heffalump Member

There are some problems with embeded pictures vom vB4 with vbseo urls like this:

domain.com/forum/attachments/kuechenplanung-im-planungs-board/132179d1391724761-dimslukens-traumkueche-alno_2d_uebersicht_v2.png

Is it possible to rewrite this to the following url?

domain.com/forum/attachments/alno_2d_uebersicht_v2-png.132179/

The text in bold letters is the attachment.id

Thanks again

Michael

12. ehd

ehd Active Member

13. Heffalump

Heffalump Member

Thanks ehd,

that works. (y)

14. ehd

ehd Active Member