Third party Recurring upgrades expiring

Sim

I'm not sure this qualifies as a bug.

My first batch of monthly recurring membership upgrades since launching last month is due for renewal today.

However, there are no new transactions in my Paypal account and so my upgraded members are being downgraded automatically.

I can see in my Paypal recurring payments dashboard that the next recurring transaction is due on the 19th July (today), but it hasn't been processed yet.

When do recurring payments get processed at the Paypal end?

For example, my first recurring upgrade member processed their upgrade transaction on 19 Jun 2015 | 07:43:49 AEST according to Paypal ... but it's now after 20:00 AEST on 19 July 2015 and there has been no new payment processed yet?

Is there something else that is supposed to happen from our end or does the membership renewal get triggered from the Paypal end when the payment is processed?

Should I expect the Paypal renewal to take place exactly 1 month after the initial payment (ie 07:43 AEST on July 19th from my example above) ??

Just an update - payments all went through in a batch a few minutes ago and upgrades kicked back in.

I suspect a problem at the Paypal end.

This can be marked as Not a Bug if you like.

It is down to when PayPal calls back for this. We have added a small delay window of a few hours to try to minimize this case, but unfortunately we can't really take it any further. We don't actually track whether we think a subscription should still be running, instead just relying on the actual payment confirmation.

I'm had no email notifications of upgrades from Paypal for over 24 hours. Mine are currently all new upgrades rather than renewsls though.

Top Bottom