1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Recommanded value for sql "wait_timeout" & "max_allowed_packet" ?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by cclaerhout, Sep 21, 2014.

1. cclaerhout

cclaerhout Well-Known Member

After having some sql lost connection in some parts of XenForo, I've wasted my day to ask my host to check the values of "wait_timeout" & "max_allowed_packet". I've been told the problems came from by db, so I check table by table and the issue comes from the table "xf_style_property_definition" which can't be read or dumped. It triggers instead this error:
    #2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server during query
    <!-- PMA-SQL-ERROR 
    #2006 - MySQL server has gone away
    A fast Internet search gives some websites [ref] which recommend to increase the value of the "wait_timeout" :coffee:

Can I have a reference of this value to provide my host and close this ticket?

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That would likely be max_allowed_packet. Depending on how you're dumping, you can set it to make sure that no single query goes longer than that (assuming there isn't binary data stored in a row that's longer than that).

Regardless, setting it to something like 16M is probably sufficient.
  3. cclaerhout

cclaerhout Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot, but I was wrong:
    Then I have to recreate this table dumping XenForo default table then reinstalling addons :coffee::coffee::coffee: