• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

RecentStatus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Updated to version 2.0

Changelog:
  • Added the ability to update your status from the sidebar for logged in users
To upgrade, Download RecentStatus2_0.zip from the first post, reupload the upload directory, then go to ACP->List Addons->Controls next to RecentStatus and choose upgrade->Select the xml file from the download.

If you have any problems, please let me know.

Attachments

• RecentStatusUpdate.webp
    RecentStatusUpdate.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 32

Updated to version 2.0.1

Changelog:

• Fixed bug stopping people from being able to post if their username was not mine....oops!
To upgrade, Download RecentStatus2_0_1.zip from the first post, reupload the upload directory, then go to ACP->List Addons->Controls next to RecentStatus and choose upgrade->Select the xml file from the download.

If you have any problems, please let me know.

bambua you are an excellent developer. Because, you keep as update with bug fixes, news, newer feature, and fast service too ;). I am waiting to see more of your work .

Edite: i only use 2 in Maximum To Show. it would be great if you create a new page with all time statue update and put a small link at the bottom of the sidebar that links you to that page.
2. it would be great if you show the user his last statue update next to the post bottom like in the cpanel (xf/account/personal-details)

p.s. You should put a donate link in your sig. just a suggestion.

I been playing with recent_status template for the last hour
to see what i did change your recent_status template to this code
  • moved the post option to the top
  • the name and time is under the statue update
  • some css edit
Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
        //<![CDATA[
    <xen:foreach loop="$xfRecentStatus" value="$user">
        function showSlidingDiv{$user.post_id}(){
        $("#RecentStatus{$user.post_id}").animate({"height": "toggle"}, { duration: 250 });
        }
    </xen:foreach>
        //]]>
</script>
<div class="section staffOnline avatarList">
    <div class="secondaryContent">
    <h3>{xen:phrase recent_status_updates}</h3>
        <xen:if is="{$xfRecentStatus}">
        <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">
            <form action="members/{$visitor.username}.{$visitor.user_id}/post" method="post" class="sectionFooter statusPoster AutoValidator" data-optInOut="OptIn">
                <textarea name="message" class="textCtrl StatusEditor Elastic prompt" placeholder="{xen:phrase update_your_status}" rows="1" cols="29" style="height:14px" data-statusEditorCounter="#visMenuSEdCount"></textarea>
                <div class="submitUnit">
                    <span id="visMenuSEdCount" title="{xen:phrase characters_remaining}"></span>
                    <input type="submit" class="button primary MenuCloser" value="post" accesskey="s" />             <div class="explain"><span class="CurrentStatus">{xen:phrase current_status}:<xen:if is="{$visitor.status}">{xen:string censor, $visitor.status}<xen:else />({xen:phrase none})</xen:if></span><!--TODO: clearing--></div>
                    <input type="hidden" name="_xfToken" value="{$visitor.csrf_token_page}" />
                    <input type="hidden" name="return" value="1" />
                </div>
            </form>
        </xen:if>
            <ul>
                <xen:foreach loop="$xfRecentStatus" value="$user">
                    <li>
                        <xen:avatar user="$user.user" size="s" img="true" />
                        <div class="textHeading">{$user.status}</div>
                                                <div class="posterDate muted"><a href="{xen:link members, $user.user}">{xen:helper richUserName, $user.user}</a>, <xen:datetime time="$user.time" /></div>

<xen:if is="{$xfRecentStatusComments}">
                            <xen:if is="{$xfRecentStatusComments.{$user.post_id}}">
                                <a href="#" onClick="showSlidingDiv{$user.post_id}(); return false;">Comments</a>
                                <ul id="RecentStatus{$user.post_id}" style="background-color: @primaryLighterStill; display:none;" onClick="showSlidingDiv{$user.post_id}(); return false;">
                                    <xen:foreach loop="$xfRecentStatusComments.{$user.post_id}" value="$usercomment">
                                        <li>
                                            <xen:avatar user="$usercomment.user" size="s" img="true" />
                                            <a href="{xen:link members, $usercomment.user}" class="username">{xen:helper richUserName, $usercomment.user}</a><xen:datetime time="$usercomment.time" />
                                            <div class="userTitle">{$usercomment.status}</div>
                                        </li>
                                </ul>
                    </li>
            </ul>
    </div>

</div>
i would try to attach some images later
love your mod

Yeah there's something weird going on with how it updates templates on upgrades. I'm going to play around with it some more to figure out why it's happening. It's like it's only updating the master style, as for the position.

I'll put in options for changing the position so you can have it either top or bottom as well as an option for showing the users last update next to the status field. I'll see what it would take to do the new page too, shouldn't be too hard.

Yeah there's something weird going on with how it updates templates on upgrades.
They fixed this bug in beta 3
Another sugg. : if you can simply comment on other people statues (either a link, or some ajax magic)

I know i am putting to many suggestion in your mod. The reason being , your mod rock this world)

Installed. Its very nice. I like it. Only one thing I want to suggest, if it can refresh the screen after clik the "post" button is better.

Having issues with these sidebar add-ins ... they are showing up on the bottom of the forum list ... not in the sidebar.

Any suggestions?

Having issues with these sidebar add-ins ... they are showing up on the bottom of the forum list ... not in the sidebar.

Any suggestions?
you need to add this
Code:
<xen:include template="recent_status"></xen:include>

before or after

Code:
    <xen:include template="sidebar_online_users" />
in the forumlist

Ok let me take a look at that, looks like I've got something wrong with the template update this time. I'll get it fixed :D

dont work for me, if I update my status =
Not Found

The requested URL /xf/members/Admin.1/post was not found on this server.

Is there any way to add likes along with comments on this (perhaps just as "3 likes" with an overlay showing who likes it when you click it)?

I'd also love to see automatic updates of new statuses like was mentioned above.

Great work; thanks! :D

Is there any way to add likes along with comments on this (perhaps just as "3 likes" with an overlay showing who likes it when you click it)?

I'd also love to see automatic updates of new statuses like was mentioned above.

Great work; thanks! :D
Its confusion. Like the person or the status?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom