1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases [Archive]' started by bambua, Oct 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bambua

bambua Well-Known Member

This was from a request thread and I thought it would be a good addon to cut my teeth on so to speak with the XenForo framework.

It adds a sidebar block that shows the most recent status updates. The number of updates shown is editable from the ACP.

If you have any questions, concerns, or bugs please post them.

I hope you enjoy it :D

Updated to version 4.0.0

• Entries are cached, it only rebuilds the cache when a new status or comment is created
    • Styling changes implemented from suggestions in the thread
    • Re positioned the Status update so that it flows with the widget better
    • Cached all templates to reduce db calls
    • Corrected issues with file paths
    • All text is phrased now
    I know this update has been a long time coming but I hope it's worth it, the number of database calls on page reloads has been reduced by 6, the caching should in the long run help a lot on this.

You must first uninstall the RecentStatus addon and delete the RecentStatus folder from within your library.

Download RCBDRecentStatus_4_0_1.zip from the first post, upload the upload directory to your forum root, then go to ACP->Install Addon->Choose File->Select the xml file from the download and click Install

Coming in version 4.1.0:
    • Ajax updating of the sidebar, I had a problem with this and didn't want to hold up the release, I'm close though
    • Position the sidebar block at the top or bottom
    • Choose location of the status update portion

Attached Files:

crash019, polarx1, specterrs and 62 others like this.
  2. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Fantastic! It's good to see some of the coders around here taking up the challenges in the add-on requests forum.
    Looks great.
    Fuhrmann and Brandon Sheley like this.
  3. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

Very cool, thanks for sharing! :)
  4. Jamie

Jamie Well-Known Member

Looks Great! Thanks!

5. bambua

bambua Well-Known Member

Going to have an update for this as well, going to add some more options in, like whether to show duplicate updates if someone has 2 in the last X updates, and also a slimmer version of it as well.
  6. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

If the updates are long will they wrap? Or will you see ...
  7. bambua

bambua Well-Known Member

Currently they wrap, the one in the screenshot below is a max length one. I could add some options to have it wrap or just concatenate it. It wouldn't be that hard.

Attached Files:

Peggy likes this.
  8. Nice.

I have one proposition..

Add a field in which the user can specify their status

P.S. Sorry, I'm a bad painter
    pratik, CyberAP, Markos and 5 others like this.
  9. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

there is server bug when i installed this mod
    but it looks very nice
    you can add another widget for Recent Activity

Edited: was fixed automatically
  10. Booth

Booth Well-Known Member

Nice, any chance of recent activity or latest posts?
  11. bambua

bambua Well-Known Member

RecentActivity shouldn't be too bad, I'll take a look at it.
    kkm323 and Booth like this.
  12. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

thanx , you can add also add newest threads, polls, & news feed
    and make all this in one mod.. "Advance Sidebar"
  13. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Good grief. The sidebar will end up being longer than the forums if you keep adding to it. :p
    Garamond and Jamie like this.
  14. lazer

lazer Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I get a server error when applying this... :(

15. Jamie

Jamie Well-Known Member

I agree with you which is why I would vote that it not become a 'All in One mod' Each mod should be separate for the Admin can pick and choose what they want to run.

I like all the suggestions: Recent Status, Recent activity or Latest posts but keep them separate please.

erich37 and Peggy like this.
  16. Crazyfruitbat

Crazyfruitbat Well-Known Member

Installed and Lovin' it! Thank you very much for this mod - I like anything that attracts people to each others personal data streams
  17. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

What i meant is all in one mod. at the same time you are able to en/disable and minmize the number of x you want show.
    thank you all for sharing
  18. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

lets focus on RecentStatus for now.. LOL
  19. Jamie

Jamie Well-Known Member

Ah, then that sounds like a winner.. :) Making it optional with toggles sounds like a great way to go.

20. bambua

bambua Well-Known Member

I think what I may actually do is keep it as separate addons but make them semi aware of each other so that you only need one template entry on the forum_list and it will add any of my sidebar addons that are enabled there automatically. Hopefully once we get some type of template hooks we can remove that template edit completely.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.