XF 2.1 Struggling to upgrade UIX2 from Themehouse to the most recent version (2.1.7.0.0)

entelechy

I've just upgrade XF to 2.1.7, and now I'm trying to upgrade the style from Themehouse I'm using, UIX2.

When I try to use their "Install & Upgrade" addon, I get "Could not process UI.X-2.1.7.0.0.zip: File does not appear to be a valid add-on archive as expected."

When I try to upload the files inside the /upload directory manually, it doesn't even register in Addons, and there's no upgrade button following that next to UIX2, or a change in the version shown there.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? I feel like there must be something I'm missing here, but I've not had a problem like this with upgrading an addon before.

Maybe this is because it's the newest version or something, but then I don't see why it would be available for download if you couldn't use it to upgrade with.

Are you trying to install a style as an add-on? This won't work.

You need to install a style as a style. See ThemeHouse's documentation about upgrading a style.

Are you trying to install a style as an add-on? This won't work.

You need to install a style as a style. See ThemeHouse's documentation about upgrading a style.
I was following this: https://www.themehouse.com/help/documentation/uix2/updating-uix-2

I can't get past point #2, because there's no "Upgrade" button next to UIX2.

Probably best to either post in their style thread here, or open a ticket with them on their site.
Their style is UIX2 (https://www.themehouse.com/xenforo/2/themes/ui-x), and I've been speaking to them on and off about a range of different things relating to this and other addons of theirs I use. But I thought maybe some members of the community might have experience with this also and be able to provide insight.

But I thought maybe some members of the community might have experience with this also and be able to provide insight.
If they did, they would chime in at the TH thread here for that style.

If your TH license isn't current, that might be an explanation. You should be asking them. This isn't a xF troubleshooting issue.

If they did, they would chime in at the TH thread here for that style.
Ok thanks, I tried to find a centralized place where people were talking about UIX2 here - both through the internal search system and Google, but nothing.

Would you be able to point me to the TH thread for UIX2?

I used the search feature here and quickly found:

Should be it. "Discussion" tab.

I used the search feature here and quickly found:

Should be it. "Discussion" tab.
Ahh my bad, I was searching through threads in the forum instead of resources - makes sense. Appreciated

Top Bottom