Clicking a thread bringing you to the most recent post

Yashua

~Can a staff member delete this I already figured it out -_- sorry for the spam

Hey I know this is normal but on my forum when a user clicks a thread it brings them to the most recent post on the last page and I have active forum where almost every thread has 4-10 pages and some of my users are complaining its annoying to always need to click page 1 whenever they come to read a thread we just switched from IPB.

Just wondering if there is a setting or mod maybe to change this hoping you guys can save me some time from looking threw it myself.

~Can a staff member delete this I already figured it out -_- sorry for the spam

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> thread_list_item

Remove the red code:

Rich (BB code):
			<h3 class="title">
				<xen:if is="{$thread.canInlineMod}"><input type="checkbox" name="threads[]" value="{$thread.thread_id}" class="InlineModCheck" id="inlineModCheck-thread-{$thread.thread_id}" data-target="#thread-{$thread.thread_id}" title="{xen:phrase select_thread}: '{$thread.title}'" /></xen:if>
				<xen:if is="{$showSubscribeOptions}"><input type="checkbox" name="thread_ids[]" value="{$thread.thread_id}" /></xen:if>
				<xen:if is="{$thread.prefix_id}">
					<xen:if is="{$linkPrefix}">
						<a href="{xen:link forums, $forum, 'prefix_id={$thread.prefix_id}'}" class="prefixLink"
							title="{xen:phrase show_only_threads_prefixed_by_x, 'prefix={xen:helper threadPrefix, $thread, plain, ""}'}">{xen:helper threadPrefix, $thread, html, ''}</a>
					<xen:else />
						{xen:helper threadPrefix, $thread}
					</xen:if>
				</xen:if>
				<a href="{xen:link "threads{xen:if '{$thread.isNew} AND {$thread.haveReadData}', '/unread'}", $thread}"
					title="{xen:if '{$thread.isNew} AND {$thread.haveReadData}', {xen:phrase go_to_first_unread_message}}"
					class="{xen:if $thread.hasPreview, PreviewTooltip}"
					data-previewUrl="{xen:if $thread.hasPreview, {xen:link threads/preview, $thread}}">{xen:helper wrap, $thread.title, 50}</a>
				<xen:if is="{$thread.isNew}"><a href="{xen:link threads/unread, $thread}" class="unreadLink" title="{xen:phrase go_to_first_unread_message}"></a></xen:if>
			</h3>

Now thread links will go to the first post instead of the first unread post.

Reactions: DBA
Top Bottom