• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

RecentStatus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was from a request thread and I thought it would be a good addon to cut my teeth on so to speak with the XenForo framework.

It adds a sidebar block that shows the most recent status updates. The number of updates shown is editable from the ACP.

If you have any questions, concerns, or bugs please post them.

I hope you enjoy it :D

Looks awesome. But would you be able to show / add comments to the statuses, using a jquery link to hide / show them? Thanks! :)

Anyway to make this so that when you delete someones status via their profile, it no longer displays within the sidebar? Great work!

Anyway to make this so that when you delete someones status via their profile, it no longer displays within the sidebar? Great work!
I got this fixed and I should be posting it tomorrow along with hopefully a RecentPosts sidebar widget

Will be great a sidebar or forum list widget with this condition:

Guest -> Show recent-activity
Registered User -> Show News-Feed

Or:

widget Recent Activity for guests and users
widget News-Feed only for users.

On two different installs I get the error message,
Code:
A server error occurred. Please try again later.

On two different installs I get the error message,
Code:
A server error occurred. Please try again later.
At what point in the install are you getting that? And do you have any status set on the board that it's happening on?

At what point in the install are you getting that? And do you have any status set on the board that it's happening on?
Upload to library. OK.
Install Addon, OK.
Go to forum, A server error occurred. Please try again later.

Don't know what you mean by status set. Sorry.

Have any users on your board put a status message in, on the first version I didn't check to make sure a status existed.

Have any users on your board put a status message in, on the first version I didn't check to make sure a status existed.
That could be a problem. :) Both boards are under development. One is simply an import and the other only has a few posts.
By status message, that's the one in your profile? I do have one that I created when I first installed it a few weeks ago.

Yeah, that is the bug, I'll get a fixed version posted up in a couple minutes.
I just created a status. Turned the mod back on and sure enough it works.
Thanks! Looking forward to seeing more.
I only really need recent threads though. :)

I'm running into a small bug on RecentThreads if I get it solved int he next hour or so it will be up today, if not it will be tomorrow.

Updated to version 1.1

Changelog:
  • Corrected it to not show deleted status entries
  • Accounted for the fact that new boards won't have status entries, and if none are found it puts up a message to be the first to make a status post (in 1.2 I'll make the message that pops up here configurable in the ACP
To upgrade, Download RecentStatus.zip from the first post, reupload the upload directory, then go to ACP->List Addons->Controls next to RecentStatus and choose upgrade->Select the xml file from the download.

If you have any problems, please let me know.

Coming in 1.2:
  • Some more ACP options
  • Hopefully being able to post your status from that widget, we'll see if I can get the ajax system in XF figured out :D

Attachments

• RecentStatusNoStatusFound.webp
    RecentStatusNoStatusFound.webp
    4.5 KB · Views: 33
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom