Rebuilding templates - how important?

CyberAP

I have more than 10 styles on my localhost, some of them I use very rarely, so no changes to them.
When I import something into XenForo (language, style, addon) Rebuilding templates takes a lot of time, even when none of the temapltes were changed before previous rebuilding.
My question is: how is it important for XenForo to rebuild templates? Can I witch it off for some time, delete unnecessary styles and then rebuild templates?

You could abort the process and hope that it can rebuild later, but I would strongly advise against it. If it could not rebuild later, you'd be in real trouble.

i wish there was a way to suspend, or batch-process all the template rebuilding.
it gives a strong impression to users that the site is up and down, or crashing multiple times anytime i do something in the acp

i wish there was a way to suspend, or batch-process all the template rebuilding.
it gives a strong impression to users that the site is up and down, or crashing multiple times anytime i do something in the acp
There are some optimisations we'd like to investigate for the template and phrase rebuilding process, but the code was simply too complex to undertake that task for 1.0, so we will be looking again for 1.1.

I thought it was easy as pie during the beta and RC phases? What's with the change?

I felt like I was on vBulletin all over again. *chuckle*

I just upgraded to v1.0 and when rebuilding the templates I got a blank page at /install/index.php?upgrade/rebuild, is it ok to just hit refresh and let it continue re-building? That seems to work but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything that would cause problems later...

Top Bottom