XF 1.5 Rebuilding templates takes forever...

Paul

Hi all,

Not something thats just come on, however has been bugging me for a while now :(

Why is it when installing a new addon or removing an old one, that rebuilding templates takes ages (10 mins + on average)??? Is there anything that might cause this, or anything i can do to lessen the time taken???

Many thanks
Paul

Realistically a stock rebuild would take no longer than a minute or two. So for it to be taking 10 times that, you either have lots of languages and styles or the server performance isn’t up to scratch.

9 styles is more than most people but not too excessive. If you had more than one language then it would actually rebuild each style once for each language.

I wouldn’t necessarily expect that to take as long as 10 minutes but aside from reducing the amount of styles, al you can do is put up with it (after all the lengthy rebuilds are there to make the run time as quick as possible) or have your host or server Admin look into what performance bottlenecks there might be while the rebuilds are taking place.

Top Bottom