Rc3 Upgrade Feedback thread...

I'm on it - Smooth operation - reverted all templates missing my customizing stuff - but want it that way, to force myself to learn more of xenForo underneath.. So will start customizing again ..

Bye - playing time ..

How long does it take you guys to upload all the files by FTP when you upgrade... I use FlashFXP and it takes about 15-25mins to upload all the files.

How many people decompress on their local machine then upload the decompressed files, and how many upload the entire zip and then decompress via SSH right on their server? The latter is hundreds of times faster, if you know what you're doing.

I'm using BT (10mbps) broadband, No idea why it's taking so long 15mins+
frown.png

How many people decompress on their local machine then upload the decompressed files, and how many upload the entire zip and then decompress via SSH right on their server? The latter is hundreds of times faster, if you know what you're doing.

That ends up being longer for me, first I have to find my servers ip address, then try to remember the password. Then can finally get to it!

Decompressing locally and uploading via 20 threads works out quicker
biggrin.png

Download Zip
Upload Zip
SSH unzip
Run upgrader.

Kier, it would make it 10fold faster if you could provide customers some way to wget the latest files.. I dunno how you'd deal with checking the user is licensed then, though.

Top Bottom