Rc3 Upgrade Feedback thread...

Floris, are you wgetting from your CDN, or are you wgetting it from xenforo community area?

It would be nice if Xenforo had an API that you could use to automatically wget the correct zip or gz file for whatever installation you're installing it for, and then run it through an installation routine, as well as possibly call the install/upgrade function.

Floris, are you wgetting from your CDN, or are you wgetting it from xenforo community area?

It would be nice if Xenforo had an API that you could use to automatically wget the correct zip or gz file for whatever installation you're installing it for, and then run it through an installation routine, as well as possibly call the install/upgrade function.

I manually get it, so I know with a certainty if the EULA has changed, what I am agreeing to, and if I get the right .zip - in case their back-end changed.

Upgrade took 23 minutes for me as usual. lol

it took me 5 minutes as usual.
tongue.png

I updated 2 sites. One in dev mode with all my add-ons active, and my wife's site that is not in dev mode. Both sites updated without any issues, And between both sites, just 3 templates that needed reverting. Well now in the future, only 2 will need be as I moved a forgotten CSS edit to the EXTRA.css template, :)

I must say, upgrading sites was never this simple or fast before XenForo. Kudo's to Mike and Kier!

Upgrade went flawless. It took a whole ten minutes, and I haven't found a bug yet.

Only thing I would like to know is when can we look for templates to be merged(if possible) during upgrades? Maybe a template comparison tool of some sort. So we can compare the changes between the old template and the new one.

Updating templates was not as easy as with vb. vb showed me what the differences were, and it was easier to apply the changes. With this upgrade, I remembered what my changes were, but I only have one add-on installed + one own "html wrapper". I plan to add a couple more add-ons... Updating then will become a nightmare... Are there any plans to make this easier in the future?

I know about the extra.css, but when an add-on requires its own one-line, I can't put that in the extra.css.

Can you add entire blocks of html and/or one extra line of code for an add-on to the css?
the template is just a name....you can add any valid code that you can enter in any other template...you just need to be aware of where the template you are including code in is being called from

Update completely took down my site. Not saying its a bad update its just I have had xen chopped up and customized in ways no one else does so going to need to get the templates and hooks and everything fixed. Good thing its just a dev site for now.

Top Bottom