XF 2.1 RC2 all smilies not showing

Bionic Rooster

In the ACP smilies list there are only 90 smilies with no categories like you have here and only 40 of these 90 show in the editor.
What am I missing here???
Thanks

That's why Mike linked you to the section that he did, rather than the section marked for "New installs" which you followed.

No, you would need access to the command line.

No. The full extent of what needs to be changed is performed by the script that is run on the command line as previously suggested. This includes looping through every single table you have, and every single column it has, and where necessary changing the collation.

You either need to find a way to run that command (I've even seen some cheap shared/cPanel hosts recently that even have walled SSH access...) or just accept that you cannot feasibly support emoji.

The only other workaround would be to close your forum, take a backup, restore that backup to a server where you can run the command, run the command, take another backup and restore that backup back to your live site.

Just to be clear; is the issue that you definitely have no SSH access, or just that you don't know how to / feel confident in using it?

As I say, I recently helped out someone on what seemed to be a fairly basic Hostgator shared hosting account, and their cPanel had the ability to configure SSH access. Another actually just had a web based terminal that logged you right in.

If you just don't have that facility, then I guess considering a move to a different host entirely might be worth considering too.

It might also be worth asking your host too. Frankly if they refused to do something as simple as run a simple script for you, then, again, they're not exactly the best.

I spent some time with host support earlier this morning who first said this was out of bounds for him, I gave him a link to that help file and he responded with this
which is why I asked about the collation above.
My cpanel has an icon for SSH but when I go there it's not a comand line nor does it say how to get one open. Just says to activate it. When activated I get a notice it is but nothing further on how to get it working.
Just to be clear; is the issue that you definitely have no SSH access, or just that you don't know how to / feel confident in using it?
After many attempts to understand this and not succeed, yeah that pretty much says it all. I have no idea where or how to and frankly at this point I've spent too much time farting around with this.
Thanks anyway

Submit a ticket from your customer area with the cPanel login details and we'll take a look.

However, please in the first instance close the forum and take a database backup.

I appreciate the offer unfortunately we have no way to restore a database backup as we are well over the 50 mb limit allowed for restoring.
Bluehost is not IMO these days the best or helpful hosts and my hands are tied by our council to change hosts.
SOOOOO long story short, we will just have to live with this limitation but your help is much appreciated.
I did install puTTy and got lost in how to access the database but my mind just wasn't into the learning curve so gave that up too.
any hoooo thanks a bunch

Hi,

now i have more than 100 smilies in my XF2. If now click on this smilie, all are displayed. But how i can set a fixed amount of smilies... example 20are displayed, an all another are invisible. Only when i click on "more", all others are displayed.

Many thanks.

Top Bottom