XF 2.2 Is showing thread in list without forum possible?

Monkeytime

I have a forum in the node list.
Inside the forum is a thread.
I would like this thread to show in the node list, so was planning to create a new node using "Link Forum" with the URL to the exact thread.

But, I want to hide the forum from showing in the node list to remove an unnesecary click and focus users to the "Link Forum" link. Is this possible?

(I plan to do this with 30 threads from 40 different forums, so am motivated to remove unecessary visuals and clicks).

Solution
But, I want to hide the forum from showing in the node list to remove an unnesecary click and focus users to the "Link Forum" link. Is this possible?
In the Admin Control Panel go to Forums > Nodes, click on the node and untick Display on node list.

EDIT: an alternative method that I do is rather than having the forms in the list, display them but at the bottom, underneath the linked threads (based on the display order number)
In the Admin Control Panel go to Forums > Nodes, click on the node and untick Display on node list.

EDIT: an alternative method that I do is rather than having the forms in the list, display them but at the bottom, underneath the linked threads (based on the display order number)

Last edited:
Solution
It also sounds like this could be an ideal use of a search forum. One thing I do is label specific threads with a tag, e.g. featured. I then crate a Search Forum node with criteria to show all threads with the featured tag.

Then add this Featured search forum as navigation item

Last edited:
Top Bottom